Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on a 4 door wrangler as a tow vehicle for a sub 2000lb skiff set up? Looking to purchase a vehicle next winter and a boat soon to follow, most likely a Carolina Skiff j16 with small console, but am restricted to a vehicle that can haul a family while still being fun for me to drive.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
2000 lbs total weight...boat, trailer gear? Shouldn’t be an issue.

I tow my BT micro (16’ 8”) with a two door around 100 miles to the ramp and don’t have any issues.

·
Lip Ripper
1,715 Posts
Check out carolinaskiffowner.com those guys should have some pretty good insight, but I can’t see it being an issue

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,523 Posts
I tow my Vantage with a lifted JK Rubicon no problem, auto transmission with 3.73 gears. I don’t have to tow much but I’ve taken her on a couple road hauls and my Jeep didn’t mind at all. If your Jeep has bigger tires than stock, make sure you get a programmer and correct the speedo. I have a Superchips programmer that has a towing tune.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I towed my both my pirate skiff and my Pathy with a TJ 6cyl auto. It honestly towed really well. Panic or short stopping with the Pathy could be an issue but I believe the newer JK's have rear discs. I'd just make sure you have good pads/rotors on it and maybe add an aftermarket auto trans cooler.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts