Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened to me on several occasions today I was NOT carrying a spare :) I will now ...

motor ran for 20 minutes then it would not re-start no spark at plug ... change plug ... spark ...

any one else ?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Go read my last post under etch white smoke, also do a search on some other post where I have talked about it.

Becoming more and more of a common than people realize.

·
devilray snob
2,398 Posts
Go read my last post under etch white smoke, also do a search on some other post where I have talked about it.

I always carry a tool kit with extra spark plugs on the water...

·
Ninja balance is the key... for a poling platfrom
459 Posts

I always carry a tool kit with extra spark plugs on the water...
Yep, i carry two that are marked and been indexed correctly for my Etec 40. They have both been placed in to make sure they index correctly then I keep them on the boat.
Since there is no ethanol free where I live except over 40 miles away, I always use starbrite or stabal ethanol treatment too in my 6 gal tank.

·
I Love microkona.com!
249 Posts
I had a hard time swallowing this one but, ethanol :mad:

Suddenly had a bunch of engines including lawn mowers, chain saws, trimmers, log splitter, chipper ................ stop working.WTF :mad:  New plugs and they run like new. :-/ Lawn mower shop confirmed spark plug sales are up along with plastic fuel system parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts