Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like I'll be in Jasper (and Banff) end of June into early July. Cabin on a river sort of a thing.

Any of you guys fly fished there before? Suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The Bow starts to fish well just as it gets to the downstream end of Calgary, that's at least three hours away from Jasper. If you think you can do a day there, a friend of mine by the name of Paul Laframboise is one of the best guides. Book him for a day, look him up on Instagram, big browns are his specialty.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
85 Posts
What K-roc said, but I would focus on the big Rainbows. Just outside the east end of the park is the town of Canmore; some fly shops there. That part of the Bow is prettier water but smaller fish.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. My wife popped up last night with, "We're keeping your fly fishing destination streak alive!" She plans our trips and includes fishing days automatically now. *lol*

2016 - Oahu for Bonefish
2017 - Alaska for Arctic Grayling
2018 - Scotland for Wild Browns
2019 - Canadian Rockies for ???

I'm thinking Yellowstone or Patagonia in 2020...

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Thanks for the advice. My wife popped up last night with, "We're keeping your fly fishing destination streak alive!" She plans our trips and includes fishing days automatically now. *lol*

2016 - Oahu for Bonefish
2017 - Alaska for Arctic Grayling
2018 - Scotland for Wild Browns
2019 - Canadian Rockies for ???

I'm thinking Yellowstone or Patagonia in 2020...
Those two aren't a difficult choice at all. Yellowstone is decent. But Patagonia is another universe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts