Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if I recall the original Beavertail company came out with a custom version of a jackplate. I believed all hydros were inboard and only the mount and part that slides was on the outside. Was very flat without much set back. Anyone have it? Pictures? I really don’t like current jackplates on the market what so ever. (Not that reliability is an issue. They are just one size fits all and too heavy.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Are you talking about Jacked Up jack plates? If so, I believe they had design issues and are out of business. My 2006 had a Vance, but it was manual.

Edited to add: Ahhh, now that I think about it, I do remember seeing what you are talking about. Jump over to the BT Owners group on FB and ask. Mark responds there often.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same as mine. The custom one looked like the track part you see in your pic, sliced off and that’s the only part on outside of hull. Cylinder with custom adapter was inside the boat

·
Registered
961 Posts
Mines a bobs 6” jack plate. Like it better than my buddy’s newer atlas in his mosquito. Those damn things are slow as hell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts