Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
Not much of a mechanic here, but I just got back down to Florida and my jackplate isn’t working. It just makes a clicking noise coming from the black boxes in the console. Then I run for 30 minutes and it might work for like 1 second then stops.

It’s an atlas micro, motors a 2015 Yamaha 70. No sign of hydraulic fluid.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does on do that. Are those easily gotten somewhere in stock?

·
Registered
114 Posts
The little clicking black boxes have a button lock on the side... press and pull apart... before u go that far check that the connection point between the hp and the harness are not corroded... chase the black cable from the JP back towards the harness with the black boxes... it's a cheesy plug connector...

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad relay. Get a Bob’s, I had an Atlas and it had that issue twice.
Can I buy that at a retailer or do I need to order it? I’m here to fish!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought mine off Amazon
Well how do I know which one? Man you are like a microskiff addict! I almost called you when I was in Houston a while ago buying a crane. But I ran out of time to go fishing.

Reactions: Smackdaddy53

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
851 Posts
Around here, any marine shop will have them. They are common parts to find. An auto part store may have hem as well. Buy 4 (2 spares).

Reactions: Drifter

·
Banned
1,441 Posts
Roger that . If it’s clicking it’s making contact, contacts could be bad . In the scheme of salt water boats , my first thought would be a different connection point . Wiring glazes over super fast if not maintained

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Sounds like a relay to me. I'd just pull the old one off and take it to any good marine shop in town for comparison. I replaced my tilt/trim relay a month or two ago. I'm basically a moron and I did it. You can do it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like a relay to me. I'd just pull the old one off and take it to any good marine shop in town for comparison. I replaced my tilt/trim relay a month or two ago. I'm basically a moron and I did it. You can do it.
Man my self esteem is going to take a real blow if I dick this up! Just trying to take the relays off make me think a much smaller human put them in.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts