Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
BBA Counselor
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will it end? Over here on the gulf side I don't remember having this long a stretch of consistently windy days. Over the years it's usually been a mixed bag around this time, a week or so windy, then a few nice days before something else comes through.
Not trying to get into any global debates. I'm just wondering is it my imagination, or are we having a oddly long stretch?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
147 Posts
When will it end? Over here on the gulf side I don't remember having this long a stretch of consistently windy days. Over the years it's usually been a mixed bag around this time, a week or so windy, then a few nice days before something else comes through.
Not trying to get into any global debates. I'm just wondering is it my imagination, or are we having a oddly long stretch?
I live on the water on the east side of lemon bay facing SW. It has been much windier here the past month than normal for this area.

·
Registered
273 Posts
The light west winds do seem to be taking their time this year here in NE FL. I'm dying to get back into the tarpon action on the beach. Just like every other year...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
453 Posts
Yes, usually by now I have been offshore on some perfectly flat days, up to 17 miles off NE Florida. This year, there have not been any that have lined up with my schedule. I like going offshore this time of year - less afternoon thunderstorms and more stable weather.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,012 Posts
Well it's rained and blew for 2 days here in N GA. I'm calling it global warming or is it global cooling

·
Registered
767 Posts
We had an EF1 tornado about 5 miles from me yesterday. I don't know for sure, but I'd say we've gotten 6+ inches of rain the past 2 days, and still raining.
And the wind blew.....
I was in Brunswick, Ga 2 weeks ago, and the winds and tide were both rippin'. Incoming wind and outgoing tide makes for interesting boat ride.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
07 Ranger Banshee tiller 40 Hatsu 4stroke
25 Posts
It has absolutely been brutally windy here in lower Alabama seems like a permanent 15-25 east south east wind.
Then throw in our spring monsoons and it’s been tough to find favorable conditions.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,421 Posts
Unusually bad weather for shallow water fish hunting in Texas this year and last year.
Strong wind is good in the right direction, just not northeast and flood water levels. And of course not freezing water temps and fish kills.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Might have to wait a little longer here in Texas. I’m needing a saltwater stalk or something. Spring has always been tough to get out and fish for me, wind or no wind.
GOM nearshore shelf water temperature has been mostly like this in the link for months, colder than long term averages since autumn. Don’t really have any idea how this plays into the general trend in wind other than cooler water next to warmer sun warmed land helps generate a healthy afternoon sea breeze in most places.

I don’t even pretend that anyone, all the experts included, knows much about the future weather or what necessarily drives it. None of the NOAA or NWS called our massive February freeze here in Texas until maybe one week out. 2-3 weeks out, the fancy super computer “models” had predicted warmer than usual Mid February weather in Texas. We all know how that turned out.

But, one thing in the weather these days that is absolutely a certainty, you can take it to the bank rock solid certain and that is that anything averse that happens in weather now and henceforth anytime and anyplace is beyond any possible doubt automatically attributed without any debate to man made climate change. A destructive tornado, man made climate change. A terrible hurricane, man made climate change, a destructive arctic plunge, man made climate change. Since the weather has always produced these things and will always produce these things going forward, these guys can’t lose. Every bad stretch of weather only reinforces their point.

It’s good when you get to make up the rules of the game.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
March and April are typically windy where I am. Blow like crazy for several days then a day or two where it lays down. And typically but mid April it starts to lay down a lot more. Not the case tis year at all.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts