Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently acquired a 16 foot tunnel hull flats boat. This boat originally came to life as a Morgan Skimmer 16. Evolution turned it into a vessel known now as a Bossman. I love the shallow water capability and stability.I find it a great platform to fish from and a decent hull to pole. I have recently encountered a slight problem........a leak somewhere, which I believe to be in the hull ventilation tubes. First: has anyone had (have) the same issue with this hull? Second: Does anyone have a diagram of the tube layout? Third: Does anyone know the whereabouts of Jim Walters, the designer and original builder of these hulls. I met Jim, when he first started this project (Daytona Beach) and saw many of the original hulls being built. At that time I had his contact information, but, over time I unfortunately misplaced it. My last known location of Jim, was Bossman Boats. Unfortunately when I attempted contact through Bossman, I was met with extreme rudeness and no co operation from Richard (now deceased) the owner. If anyone has any experience with this hull and knows what affect blocking off the vents will have, please let me know. Anyone knowing how to contact Jim, please, please, please, let me know.

Thanks,
Mark
[email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Majestic boats(gone) also built that boat before Bossman came along. I believe the tunnel has stayed the same. The tunnel is also the same as Majestic‘s Savage Creek(leak) model. Blocking the vent tube would cause the transom to be pulled underwater while attempting getting on plane. I know because I tried it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,002 Posts
If this Skimmer was built by Bossman I'd check the cap to hull connection. That was the problem with my Karma.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If this Skimmer was built by Bossman I'd check the cap to hull connection. That was the problem with my Karma.
I know this hull was made prior to Jim, teaming up with Bossman. I will however, check that bonding as nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. Thanks for the input. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Majestic boats(gone) also built that boat before Bossman came along. I believe the tunnel has stayed the same. The tunnel is also the same as Majestic‘s Savage Creek(leak) model. Blocking the vent tube would cause the transom to be pulled underwater while attempting getting on plane. I know because I tried it.
Did you ever correct the issue? If so, how? In your experience with the design, do you think blocking off the vents in the transom (at the face of the tunnel and sealing them watertight) then rerouting the front vents to the decking directly above, straighten out the issue?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts