Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
32 Posts
I have been on the HPX and own an AIR. The way the boats run is similar.

The HPX had a 150 and ran low 60s. My air has a 115 and runs to 54 when light (2 guys, no TM or TM batts— imagine poling trip on fly.) Regular load- 49-50 on the top end. The Air functions like 2different boats based on speed: load it down and use tabs like a regular skiff or put the hammer down and trim it out like a bass boat.

The Air is all front deck, the backrest when driving is integrated into the poling platform (which is huge.) the boat poles very well and has no hull slap.

Fit and finish is excellent, there is massive storage (but don’t overload it) the boat likes to be run light in the bow.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have a Cayo 180, and it's been incredibly impressive. I have a 90 suzuki on it and will top out at about 45 with 2 guys over 200 lbs, my 100 lb dog and full days gear. One of my friends has a 17 HPX-V and my Cayo drafts a good bit less, but he's got a 115 yamaha on it so that may be why. It's easy to pole, and handles chop extremely well.

I think with any of these three you'll be impressed

·
I Love microskiff.com!
421 Posts
Starting my boat search and have narrowed it down to these 3. Nothing older than a 2014 and not interested in other boats or opinions on other boats. Any insight on these 3 would be appreciated. Show me what you got.
i have a 18hpxv 2018 for sale. txt me at 772.532.9347

1 - 8 of 8 Posts