Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been looking at strictly LT25s until I came across the Shadowcast and realized it may be a better fit for my growing family. I'll use it mostly to fish backwater with one other angler, but would love something I could take my wife and 2 young boys out on comfortably. I've learned a ton just reading through everyone's posts on here so I am glad I found this site. Thanks to all who contribute!

*Any advice would also be appreciated

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can imagine 4 on a shadowcast 16 can be pretty sketchy. Like Backcountry mentioned, it can be a tippy boat. I have a Shadowcast 16 and in my opinion, its meant for 2 adults comfortably or 2 adults and a child is the limit for that boat. Ive had 4 adults on there before and it was pretty dicey. If anyone were to move or shift weight, everyone on board would have to hold on an shift weight in order to compensate. Not only would it be tippy, there would be very little space for anything else. Even with two people on board, if one person were to walk or move somewhere, you have to let other know what youre going to do so they dont fall out or slip. Peaking at the CG decal in my boat, it says its rated for 3 person/ 425lbs. I would agree with that rating. Mind you, this is all personal opinion based on my experiences and im sure other members will chime in with different opinions. With that being said, I wish you the best of luck on your search for the right skiff.

In regards to the gheenoe, i had a classis 15'6 but that night and day difference from the LT class. I have no experience with an Lt25 so i wouldnt know how it handles multiple passengers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the firsthand advice. Really appreciate it. I have to say I'm surprised at the responses since I just figured the SC would be more stable than the LT25 with its wider beam. I guess I have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Highly recommend going for a demo ride on both before you buy.they r both fairly inexpensive boats as boats go .just choose the one that fits your style of fishing .good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had been looking at strictly LT25s until I came across the Shadowcast and realized it may be a better fit for my growing family. I'll use it mostly to fish backwater with one other angler, but would love something I could take my wife and 2 young boys out on comfortably. I've learned a ton just reading through everyone's posts on here so I am glad I found this site. Thanks to all who contribute!

*Any advice would also be appreciated
Take a look at this Cayenne for your growing family.

·
Registered
5 Posts
check. Just wanted to insure you knew that their were other boats...
I wish you and your nothing but good health, happiness and laughter.
May much of that happen on your next boat. Warmest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts