Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who’s got one? Looking for an 8lb original model preferably but might be open to the 6lb as well.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Who’s got one? Looking for an 8lb original model preferably but might be open to the 6lb as well.[/QUOTE

Talked to them this spring and they convinced me not to go with the 8# but to get the 6# so that's they way I went.....and no you can't have it.....:p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Kevin at reelcharterfishing is the man and the original. Get one from him. the 8lb holds my 16' waterman on the beach in tarpon season. no problem.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I got one for each of my boats before I knew who the real guy was. mine are the knock offs.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,275 Posts
Kevin at reelcharterfishing is the man and the original. Get one from him. the 8lb holds my 16' waterman on the beach in tarpon season. no problem.
You guys may be right. I think the guy's name was Kevin. What I remember is there is one in Bradenton and the guy Kevin is the one who I talked to in Englewood, who claims he is the Original guy. Nevertheless, seems they both are Sea Claw and work the same.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You guys may be right. I think the guy's name was Kevin. What I remember is there is one in Bradenton and the guy Kevin is the one who I talked to in Englewood, who claims he is the Original guy. Nevertheless, seems they both are Sea Claw and work the same.
They both work, I’ve owned both now. The customer service from Kevin (seaclaw.com and reelcharterfishing) is leaps and bounds better. I got my anchor in 2 days. Quality seems comparable, but I’d give Kevin’s the edge.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good looking out! I was hoping for one that’s been sitting in an old HB covered in leaves for the last decade but if I can’t find a used one I’m gonna just order one from Kevin. I’ve had several different anchors and there really isn’t a comparison for a skiff anchor in my book.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts