196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a “do it all” skiff...very interested in the following:

- Ankona Cayenne
- Maverick HPX-V 17
- East Cape Fury
- Hell’s Bay Guide
- Hell’s Bay Marquesa

The last two are longshots...have $20K cash ready to buy.

Minimum 60hp

Let me know what you’ve got! Shoot me a PM. Located in Ruskin (South of Tampa).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20k bro your getting an ankona
I’m perfectly fine with that :)

If seen some of the newer Beavertail Strikes and East Cape Fury’s in that range but they sell fast. Mavericks I’ve seen the mid-2000 boats in that range. Hell’s Bay...well...a guy can dream.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,142 Posts
i would watch the maverick forum classifieds and Craigslist in south Florida for a hpxv 17 as I usually see a couple 17v’s in the sub 20k range. They will obviously be a little older a usually have 2 stroke 90 on them.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Looking for a “do it all” skiff...very interested in the following:

- Ankona Cayenne
- Maverick HPX-V 17
- East Cape Fury
- Hell’s Bay Guide
- Hell’s Bay Marquesa

The last two are longshots...have $20K cash ready to buy.

Minimum 60hp

Let me know what you’ve got! Shoot me a PM. Located in Ruskin (South of Tampa).
Some of those are very different skiffs. A Fury is not so much like a Marquesa. You won't find anything seaworthy that starts with HB, at that price point. It will be about the same looking at Mac or EC as well. The best question to ask yourself, what are you going to do with the skiff MOST of the time?

·
Wish'n I was Fish'n!
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You need to get SearchTempest and save filtered searches for all the boats you may want and run them every night. I would add Dolphin Super Skiff, ActionCraft Flyfisher, and maybe even Ranger/Backwater if you don't mind getting wet.

Here's a 17' Actioncraft for $8k that may be just the ticket.

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/d/aripeka-1989-actioncraft-17-foot-flats/6791364031.html
Thank you sir. I've actually used SearchTempest before. It's great!

I'm really looking for something newer/new-ish. I was willing to go a little older for one of the higher end skiff brands.

I'm really feeling partial to the Ankona Cayenne...

I've had some great folks from this site reach out to me to help with my search and some have even offered to take me out on their skiffs or sell me theirs. Love this site!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts