SOLD/EXPIRED Is This as Good a Deal as I Think it is?

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by FSUfisher, Nov 3, 2010.

1. FSUfisher

FSUfisher Well-Known Member

2. kdhs10

kdhs10 Well-Known Member

I saw that too, and thought the same thing.

3. The_Skiff_Shop

The_Skiff_Shop Well-Known Member

25 + YO Boat in "Excellent Condition"? :-/

A 90 that will do 60mph? ::)

No area code listed w/ phone number. :mad:

Typical Craigs List or a diamond in the rough? Worth a look-see but I wouldn't rush. Not like it's a SS, it's just the Sidewinder splash. ;)

as always, just my .0000000000000002 sense

CR/TSS

4. lemaymiami

lemaymiami Well-Known Member

Some years back I helped tear into a few of the older Dolphins... they're the reason that for many years newer hulls were advertised as "no wood, no rot"...

Seriously, that's a pretty quick (but not 60mph...), soft riding, hull for running the backcountry. That hull was not a technical poler, but very good for poling after tarpon... Anyone considering a purchase needs to very carefully look for rotten wood in transom or in the floor (the bad portions of the floor will feel spongy when you walk on them, the transom may not be so obvious - I'd want a very careful survey before any offer...). Even if you end up doing a complete restoration with new transom and floor, you'd have a very solid rig worth all the time and money.... Anyone wanting a turnkey rig that's trouble free is going to be disappointed, though in my opinion.

5. classichewes

classichewes Well-Known Member

I'll let mine go for that,,,, and anyone could take it fishing tomorrow. Only reason I'm selling is I love my little cheap 14ft boat because it's easier to use and I never have more than 3hrs of free time for the big boat.

http://www.microskiff.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286254441