SOLD/EXPIRED Is this a good deal

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by last_flat, Jun 12, 2015.

1. last_flat

last_flat Well-Known Member

http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?193417-2011-Yellowfin-17-w-Mercury-60

Considering what the HB's are going for, is this a good deal?

2. TailN

TailN I Love microskiff.com!

Ok, I know I'm gonna get kicked in the teeth for this one, but my humble opinion. I've been on one of these a few times. Same setup.

Yellow fin makes a great offshore boat. They have phenomenal customer service and top notch peoe making the products, and this skiff is made extremely well. It is stable, and relatively dry, and poles shallow enough. BUT!!!! It's not a Hells Bay. It's nice but if I were gonna drop 30K, I'd get a HB. That YF doesn't do anything a B2 or even a Caimen wont. But if you have the coin, and it fits your style, it certainly will do the job. If you want to pay HB prices just buy the HB.

Ok, commence the kicking!!!! Hahahaha

3. pt448

pt448 Well-Known Member

That's an extremely decked out skiff from a company with a long term solid reputation for quality. Of course I'd always try to haggle a little, but if it fits your needs and budget it seems pretty fair to me. Those skiffs are very expensive new, but being a TV show boat from a sponsor they didn't pay that retail price. There was one with just standard options that was won at an IFA tournament for sale on Louisiana Sportsman not that long ago. They were asking in the neighborhood of 45K and it sold pretty quick.

4. Capt. Eli Whidden

Capt. Eli Whidden Sight Fishing South Florida

A nice boat for sure. Only downfall is going to be draft.

5. roto77777

roto77777 Well-Known Member

I test drove one the first year they made them. Livewell was great storage was great, finish was nice boat was beautiful, except it was WET!!!!!!
    Granted, it did not have spray rails. That was my only issue.
    It poled VERY shallow, and very easy