Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do kayaks count as a “microskiff?” I have a Hobie Pro Angler 12. I tell everyone it’s really a small boat, not a kayak.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,509 Posts
No.

Around here we ridicule Hobie PAs that have so much junk attached to them that they look like floating porcupines...I've seen some that have more rods waving around in holders than I do on my skiff for two anglers combined...

·
BBA Counselor
7,233 Posts
Nope, sorry. A microskiff needs to be designed to be powered, human power or adaptions don't quite count.

Many of us started on kayaks, but once you move up you will see they are generally worlds apart.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
No.

Around here we ridicule Hobie PAs that have so much junk attached to them that they look like floating porcupines...I've seen some that have more rods waving around in holders than I do on my skiff for two anglers combined...
And the idiots do crap like this. Passed by me so close I could almost poke them with the pointy end and then proceed to beat the bank I was poling down. Both had more crap stacked on their yaks than I had in my skiff.

The close guy is only about two boat lengths away, btw, and cut me off by about 5 foot.
49074FE0-5874-40B5-9ACC-1956CC9491D3.jpeg

·
Registered
198 Posts
And the idiots do crap like this. Passed by me so close I could almost poke them with the pointy end and then proceed to beat the bank I was poling down. Both had more crap stacked on their yaks than I had in my skiff.

The close guy is only about two boat lengths away, btw, and cut me off by about 5 foot.
View attachment 109744
That's a DH in any boat. WTH? I hope you caught fish anyway.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do kayaks count as a “microskiff?” I have a Hobie Pro Angler 12. I tell everyone it’s really a small boat, not a kayak.
ljk I own both. I have had some great days in my kayak. If it was my only way to get out, I would fish it hard. I hope that you have a blast in yours. But for me, there is nothing like a poling skiff.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts

View attachment 109744
For some reason they never get a chance to get that close to me on a shoreline I’m poling...

G

·
I disagree with all the previous posts. A kayak is probably the most micro of microskiffs. The hobie is just as stable as a Gheenoe and can get skinnier than all those "microskiffs" that claim that they can float in 3-4 inches .:cool:

G

·
No.

I hope that you also ridicule the skiffs with the 150's strapped to their transoms burning up the flats and scouring the seafloor, pounding the shore with wakes, and have more electronics than the space shuttle.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts