Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Is it done MicroSkiff?
I have been fishing South Indian river lagoon (mostly Fort Pierce / Vero) alot for the last three years.
Most everyone I know out here fishes live bait.
I recently bought a flats skiff and really want to put some time into targeting fish in this area on fly.
Any microskiff anglers near me fishing this area on fly?
I'd love to get some pointers or advise on how to catch some fish and fly selection.

Is anyone site fishing this area? I cant find any clear water myself.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,277 Posts
How Is it done MicroSkiff?
I have been fishing South Indian river lagoon (mostly Fort Pierce / Vero) alot for the last three years.
Most everyone I know out here fishes live bait.
I recently bought a flats skiff and really want to put some time into targeting fish in this area on fly.
Any microskiff anglers near me fishing this area on fly?
I'd love to get some pointers or advise on how to catch some fish and fly selection.

Is anyone site fishing this area? I cant find any clear water myself.
What area on the IRL are you located (it spans a long ways ya know)? Point is, I would get involved in your local fly club and those guys there will give you a lot of good advise for the area you call your home waters. Are you somewhat close to any of the passes? Are you planning on fishing the outside ? What are your primary targets unless you just try to catch them all! ;)

Also, there are plenty of guys here on this site that fish those waters over there. Inside, there are specific flies that work better for trout, reds, jacks, juvi tarpon and snook.

What is the size of your fly outfits? Remember, it is important to stick with flies designed for those specific rods weights (line weights).

If you live near the Mosquito Lagoon, I feel bad for you and the fishery in that area. It's a sad thing that is happening over there. :(

Ted

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What area on the IRL are you located (it spans a long ways ya know)? Point is, I would get involved in your local fly club and those guys there will give you a lot of good advise for the area you call your home waters. Are you somewhat close to any of the passes? Are you planning on fishing the outside ? What are your primary targets unless you just try to catch them all! ;)

Also, there are plenty of guys here on this site that fish those waters over there. Inside, there are specific flies that work better for trout, reds, jacks, juvi tarpon and snook.

What is the size of your fly outfits? Remember, it is important to stick with flies designed for those specific rods weights (line weights).

If you live near the Mosquito Lagoon, I feel bad for you and the fishery in that area. It's a sad thing that is happening over there. :(

Ted
I'm fishing the area from Vero Beach to Jensen Beach
I'm using mostly an 8 weight for now
would like to target Snook and Trout
I do plan to fish outside this summer when it lays down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts