IPB16, what are you running? 4 blade.

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by Jeremy_James, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Jeremy_James

Jeremy_James I Love microskiff.com!

I have a Yamaha 25hp 2stroke 2 cylinder with the stock aluminum prop and some cupping running 28mph with 2 people. Hooked up to a Versa Manual jack plate, and would like to jack the motor up a little more out of the water if possible. I am wanting to go 4 blade but not too sure what pitch to go with I can lose a minimal amount of speed but I need the advantages of a 4 blade much more. Are any of you guys running 4 blades on your IPB16s?

2. PLANKTON7

PLANKTON7 I Love microskiff.com!

imo you will loose too much top end to justify a 4 blade. i have a thirty 2 stroke and mine get out of the hole like no ones business. due to the large beam and light motor/ load w/ 2 ppl etc etc...

3. Jeremy_James

I spoke to a Power Tech rep, and he stated that I would lose 1/2mph by switching from a 3 to 4 blade. I would really like to jack up that motor a little more with the 4 blade and still have it bite without blowing out. If 1/2mph was actually the case, then I would be all for it.

I am curious to know if anyone with an IPB 16 runs a 4 blade.

4. Islander

Islander I Love microskiff.com!

Just got a PT 4 blade delivered yesterday, planning on putting it on and trying it tomorrow on my 16. I'm running a Suzuki 40-4st tiller. No Jack plate, but I'm thinking about going that route too. I'll post results for anyone running similar power.

5. Jeremy_James

Please do it would be greatly appreciated. What brand and pitch 4 blade did you end up going with? Aluminum or SS?

6. man2000me

man2000me IPB 16 skinny...

Evinrude E tec 50hp. IPB 16.
    I ran a Rogue 4 SS blade 13.25 x 13 - 27mph at 6000rpm
    Switched to Vortex 3 blade aluminum 13 x 19 35mph at 5500rpm

I noticed the 4 blade prop popped to the boat up quicker, barely. But noticed the speed change more then the hole shot. The boat was empty with just me, 200lbs.

7. Islander

Islander I Love microskiff.com!

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. Here are my prop results for a zuk- 40hp. Original prop was an alum 3 blade 14p, got 30-31mph out of it. Ken at Prop Gods sent me a PT SCB 4 blade 14 Pitch,  got 5200 rpm, boat came out of the hole like a rocket but rpm's we're low, sent that back and got the same but 12 p. Boat jumps up real nice, getting 5900rpm and 27mph. Thinking I might send it back to have some cup added for a little more speed without sacrificing much rpm. :)