IPB Poling Package...

Discussion in 'The Commercial Zone' started by East_Cape, Feb 9, 2010.

1. East_Cape

East_Cape Well-Known Member

Us, a.k.a. Inshore Power boats is happy to introduce the package that includes a deluxe trailer, high-end push pole, etc in a price that anybody can afford...
    We are located in Orlando @ 4854 Distribution Court, Orlando Fl. 32884
    Contact is Brad/Kevin @ 407.488.5268

2. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

3. East_Cape

East_Cape Well-Known Member

I figured you'd like that! ;D

4. rkmurphy

rkmurphy Well-Known Member

Does it catch fish, though? :-?

Haha looks great guys. Way to get another quality boat in the budget skiff market! They are few and far between, for sure...

5. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

Now that's a deal. Good pricing in a tough economy.

6. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

Nice! Now all that is needed is a head-to-head on-the-water comparison/battle with the Ankona Copperhead! Oh...and a level headed ref. to say, "Let's get it on!"

7. rkmurphy

I second this motion. Jan! Work it out! :D

8. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Because of my ownership of an Ankona skiff, I have publically said I would recuse myself from any such reviews on their skiffs. My dedication to our audience is of the utmost importance. All my reviews are non-biased and i strive to point out the good and bad of each skiff. There is NO perfect skiff. ;)

I would be interested in publishing a skiff shootout however an agreed upon independent third party would be used for all testing, comparisons and official review if Ankona Skiffs are part of the product matrix.

I hope everyone understands my position and desire to ensure the most level fair platform for all manufactures. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me privately at admin@microskiff.com

Cheers
    Capt. Jan

9. rkmurphy

Very understandable and admirable. I'll be your 3rd party tester ;D

I do think that is an AWESOME idea. A budget skiff shootout...that would be BY FAR the best review yet on top of all of the other great reviews you've provided.

10. tguasjr

tguasjr Fish Finaddict

Don't forget to include the Gheenoe LT 25 in that shoot out!

11. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

not trying to piss anyone off, but I think the IPB, the Ankona's, and skiff like these are in another level about the LT25.

12. DSampiero

DSampiero working for the rewards...

I couldn't agree more with the above statement. No Gheenoe can come close to the above mentioned skiffs, they're simply different animals. I also nominate a friend from Fly Fishing in Salt Waters for the honor of reviewing these two skiffs. He's an accomplished fishermen and well published full time employee of the mag, so I think we'd get a great review out of him!

13. tguasjr

tguasjr Fish Finaddict

Maybe you guys are right, but they do the same thing as those other "skiffs" at a fraction of the cost. Even though, I must say that IPB is priced pretty good!

14. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

If you were to buy an lt25, with front and rear decks, a poling platform, damn nice push pole, w/trailer and any 25hp outboard, you would be spending as much or if not more.

15. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

I could not agree more the above statements about the LT25 not being in the same ballpark as the other 2 boats mentioned.

And I own one!!

When I see a gheenoe out there with 10, 15 or even 20 grand wrapped up in them I just shudder to think what that person could have had if they'd have invested that $$ in a real boat. :eek:

I like to see the other builders stepping up to the plate and bringing a good quality product to the table for a reasonable cost. Would like to see them get even more "reasonable"!!!

-T

16. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

Agreed, I've owned 2 highsiders! I think the same thing when I see LT25's with power poles, and $1100 Minn kota trolling motors. Now, Id love to fish a LT25 with no motor in the no motor zone, but I think so people tend to lose track of the purpose of a gheenoe, which IMO, is supposed to be a sort of bare bones, budget skiff. I also think over the last 2 year more and more boat builders are making alot more boat for $10k that used to be available to the general boating public. Ankona, IPB, Lunker, etc all those guys are making a damn nice boat for $10k.

17. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

I would like to be the 3rd party reviewer.

18. rcmay

rcmay Well-Known Member

I am boatless, therefore I have no ties to any manufacturer, I will be the tester!

19. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

That's damn good price I ever seen! This is totally nice package!!!

I will pick IPB package over a custom MV LT25 package anyday because if u get a custom MV LT25 gheenoe set-up with a low profile trailer, poling platform ,pushpole, 25hp motor will be over priced for what it is.

For more boat, better quality build, nicer hull, badass trailer and poling platform for the money.

This inshore 16 is way to go!

Kevin,

What brand are u talking about any 25hp of your choice???

I want to know.

20. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

You flip flop between humping ECC's leg & whorin' Gheenoes more than anyone I have ever seen.... Lol  ;D

In the videos Kevin mentioned Honda or Yamaha, two or four stroke.

Sorry for the hijack Kevin. But, I emailed for more info and a price sheet the other day through the "contact us" page on IPB.com and have not received anything, can you email me @ sctaylor869 on yhoo?  Thanks!