IPB 14 with 4 blade

Discussion in 'Prop Shop' started by flatout87, Feb 27, 2014.

1. flatout87

flatout87 I Love microskiff.com!

I'm going to be picking up an IPB 14 in the next few days, and I have plans to put a jack plate and 4 blade prop on it. The engine that I'll be putting on it is a 2002 25hp merc 2 stroke. Any suggestions or anyone running a 4 blade on their IPB 14. I'm sure ya'll have more knowledge about props and pitch than I do.

2. Stormchaser

Stormchaser I Love microskiff.com!

Not sure what good it would do.  It would likely slow you down a bit.  The advantage I guess would be a quicker and shallower hole shot?  But on a boat that weighs a couple hundred lbs, and with that motor, it's gonna jump up on plane anyway in little water.  Not really worth the trade off, IMO.

3. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Agreed, with that boat & motor combo I don't see a need for a 4 blade. If you're trying to run ultra skinny you'll need tabs & a jack plate too.

I always recommend starting with Turning Point aluminum propellers. They already have a good amount of cup built in and are surprisingly affordable.  A 10x13 should be a good starting point and I'd expect a little over 30mph with your setup and still jump on plane.

4. flatout87

flatout87 I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks for the info. Where I'll be running gets really shallow, and fairly rocky in some areas Which is why I was looking at a 4 blade for hole shot. I'll look into turning point though.