Investment

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gator_Bob, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Gator_Bob

Gator_Bob Well-Known Member

Saw this on another forun and thought it was interesting:
    If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today.
    If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today.
    If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received about $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.

A recent study found that the average American walks about 900 miles a year. Another study found that Americans drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year. That means that, on average, Americans get about 41 miles to the gallon! Makes me proud to be an American!

2. galleta_loco

galleta_loco Well-Known Member

good stuff [smiley=1-beer-german.gif]

3. captnron

captnron Guest

I knew I was on the right track. [smiley=1-biggrin.gif]

Now I can prove it. ;D ;D ;D ;D

4. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

BEST ONE YET!!!! Inject a little humor into a very bad situation... [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif]