Installing CMC PT 35 T&T

Discussion in 'Power it up with Electronics' started by Les_Lammers, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Les_Lammers

Les_Lammers Well-Known Member

I just finished installing this unit on my Livingston 14, a small
    open skiff. I used an 4" x 4" x 6" waterproof electrical box, mounted on the transom under the engine, to house the relays and wiring. I imagine this would work for jackplates etc.

How do you post pics here? I have them on my hard drive.

2. tntwill

tntwill Hooking Lips is my life

put them on photobucket than paste to this site

3. Les_Lammers

Photobucket sucks. I don't use sites that collect personal data. Too bad this site does not allow uploading photos from a hard drive.

At any rate these boxes are great for protecting electrical devices in open skiffs.

4. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

Try tinypic.com to host your photos. Been using it for years.

5. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I second photobucket, it's the easiest way. I understand the not wanting to collect data deal, but every site including this one collects data in one form or another.

6. Les_Lammers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pics are out of order...sorry.

This keeps the relays completely dry. I also wrapped the relays with silicone rescue tape that I got at West Marine. The remainder of the wiring is stowed in the battery box. The 'conduit' is 5/8" OD tubing made by Watts. The ends are sealed with silicone.
    I think these boxes would be good for switch panels too. Just get one big enough and cut out the cover and affix the panel to it. This box is 6" x 6" x 4".

7. Les_Lammers

Thanks. It worked great!

8. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

Looks great, where were you a year ago with this idea, lol.

9. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Tinypic is awesome and sorely undervalued compared to sites like Photobucket. You don't even have to register to post pictures if that's what you want. However, if you do register you can create albums and organize your stuff, just like the more recognized sites.

I like what you did with the waterproofing. I'm still early enough along in my build, that I may consider something similar. Will have to study your pics a bit more. :cool:

10. Les_Lammers

Thanks FC. A year ago I was ordering the hull. I'll post some pics of the whole build/boat as soon as I get it out where I can get out of it.

11. Les_Lammers

I like what you did with the waterproofing. I'm still early enough along in my build, that I may consider something similar. Will have to study your pics a bit more.

Thanks. It was not difficult...just a little thinking outside the box. This is an open catamaran hull and presented a few obstacles.  If you want more pics, send me an email.

I wrapped the actuators with this http://www.rescuetape.com/
    even though they are in the box.