Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

inshore guide for st simons island georgia

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  ohg123 
#1 ·
heading to st simons from florida in July, wondering about a guide for skinny water inshore.

prefer to fish lures, maybe flyrod if not too windy - and would really like to chase some flounder if that's a possibility but reds, trout and such is also good with me.

just somebody who's nice and will do a good job. Heard scott owen is good. anybody else?

thanks!

#11 ·
Scott Owens and rob are the way to go! Bring your fly rods, including your poon stick!!!! There’s some monsters there! Scott ***** is another damn good capt. Any way you look at it, you can. Beat the banks, roll spoons across the oyster bars, pole the high tide marsh flats, dredge clousers in the channels on low tide, or chase Atlantic poons... not counting the tripletail on the beach, or the stupidly fun jacks when they start schooling. Have fun!! Go eat at southern soul bbq, get the bread pudding & scallops at crab daddy’s, and breakfast at palmers village cafe!!!
(My family has a place over there)

#12 ·
thanks for the advice. went with Rob Aldridge and had an absolutely perfect experiance. great guy, great boat, great fishing and A+ on all possible measures - he even gave me an incredible recipe for the "tater chip" little flounder that was off the charts. got plenty of doormats and some 30" plus reds action all day long. which for a chokoloskee guy is a big one.

took home a pile of flounder and drum for the family, still eating it. have so much may make dip with whatever is left on day 3.

as always microskiff delivers.

Attachments

#16 ·
so take a small but legal flounder, (12-14"er) and remove head and guts but leave alone otherwise. see pic above.

"score" with a knife 3 times per side, salt and pepper both sides - see pic.
then put in casserole dish brown side up.

melt butter in a pan and add diced onions and garlic to the pan, then once its all a little browned up and smells amazing put in a bowl and add hot sauce to your liking and pour over the brown side of the fish, top with thin lemon rounds and everglades "fish and chicken" seasoning and then let sit about 10 min at room temp.

https://www.evergladesseasoning.com...roducts/everglades-fish-and-chicken-seasoning

i put my remaining onions around the fish because i am an onion fiend and they were amazing.

bake at 350 for about 5 min, then at broil for 3 or so more minutes or until cooked. ours was 5min/3.5min

AMAZING!!!! top side comes off easy with a large serving fork and a little finesse. bottom side not so much but still tastes great. annoying little bones around the outside fins are a PITA but such is life. everything in this is stuff we have in the house at all times anyways - aside from same day flounder of course.

i am betting doing this with a really big flounder, or maybe a tripletail would be awesome too just timing would be off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.