SOLD/EXPIRED Inshore Fishing Class, New Smyrna Beach 1/20/2007

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by tom_in_orl, Dec 10, 2006.

1. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Found on another forum:

"I am not sure How many of you know Capt Leo Hiles, but this man knows his stuff!! He is offering a class in a couple of weeks, and anyone looking for some information would definitely get a lot out of this! He teaches you fishing the "old school" way, which doesn't require poling around the flats. By the way, I don't get anything out of posting this, I just wanted to pass along this information."

--------------------------------------------------

Capt. Leo Hiles would like to show you how to locate Redfish and Trout, using his techniques to catch them at his Inshore Fishing Class

Saturday, January 20, 2007
    1:00 – 4:00 PM

(Doors Open at 11:30 AM)

Class will be held at the Coronado Civic Center (Beachside) At Shuffleboard Courts in New Smyrna Beach (223 Flagler Avenue), Turn South on Pine Street, then Right to Building behind Shuffleboard Courts.

Cost: $15.00 per person
    Children 10-16 years - $5.00

Capt. Hiles, with 45 years Experience and on the Pro Staff for Gambling Lures, Daiichi Hooks, Team Daiwa & High Roller Lures, invites all FISHING beginners and experienced to come to his class.

“You don’t have to be a pro or a guide to know how to catch reds and trout. All you need to know are the little secrets and techniques that I can tell and show you. So come and join us and I promise you will catch ’em!” Capt. Leo Hiles

FOR RESERVATIONS - CALL
    386-345-2213 or 386-689-3773

Drawing For Prizes!!!

DON’T MISS IT!!

2. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

Re: Inshore Fishing Class, New Smyrna Beach 1/20/2

Captain Hiles is definitely a "salty dog". Everytime I see him, he is catching fish. I have been to two of his seminars and they are worth it...my .02.

He has made the "stoopid rig" world famous ;D

3. falcon

falcon Well-Known Member

how far is that from miyami? I need to take a road trip soon.

4. beavis

beavis Well-Known Member

I am sure he will he teach how run right by people who are fishing. I buzz that man anytime I see him fishing.

5. Re: Inshore Fishing Class, New Smyrna Beach 1/20/2

I see him everywhere I go. He is either doing one of two things:

1. Running the "Blue Ghost" wide open. (I considered buying one of those boats but couldn't get over my wife calling it a 'bathtub'.)

2. Trolling up to a suspected school of reds

I've talked to his nephew on several occasions - he's a super nice guy.

6. tojo

tojo Well-Known Member

Is his nephew "Lucky"? If so, I know him also. He is a nice guy. They use to honcho a site called Internet Shrimpers and Anglers Association ISAA.

I disassociated myself from there patrially because they made memberships "paid" and because Capt Hiles was shamelessless touted while many other good guides and captains went unrecognized.

ISAA's big event is the June on the Lagoon (which shamefully I have participated in) It is a kill tournament for reds and trout. I have seen the err of my ways and hope to see the tournament modified.

Falcon, the trip would be about 250 miles from Miami. If you come up let us know.

S&L you are right. Capt Hiles is very fond of his troller, but he has always been courteous to me.

7. Re: Inshore Fishing Class, New Smyrna Beach 1/20/2

Tony, I think that Capt. Hiles' reputation is in part based on his ability to 'stalk' reds with his trolling motor. And I agree that he's always been courteous. Although, I've never even exchanged a wave with the man.

I wish I could attend the January seminar but I am out of town the weekend. I would like to hear what he says. I could stand to learn a thing or two about fishing, especially about trout.

Ron

8. buck

buck Well-Known Member

Ive fished with him, that guy can put you on fish. First class guy.

9. skippy

skippy Well-Known Member

I will go if the weather is no good for fishing.  :cool:

10. Re: Inshore Fishing Class, New Smyrna Beach 1/20/2

You guys take some good notes and share them! :) I can't go because I am going to Boca Raton for some continuing education :-(

Ron