Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Inflation/fuel prices affected fishing/skiff plans?

5K views 63 replies 29 participants last post by  Mako 181 
Yes. Working as many hs as possible and saving money in mineral and food/farmland stocks (thinking of the Ukraine conflict) to have purchasing power during the recession instead of building or buying a boat this year. I'm 49 and saw ppl with liquid money get wealthy during the last recession. It's just the canoe, sup, and jonboat for now.
We have 2 little ones to think about.

To be clear, without population growth we have 0 economic growth (i.e. Japan for 15 ys, one of the most racially "pure" societies on purpose). We need immigrants, and lots of them. Neices are 2nd gen Americans of illegal celery pickers, and are fully integrated, speaking only English. Wife is a legal immigrant. Having said that, we need borders and order. Fish on.

"Wish I would have found Dave Ramsey years ago. Just started watching/listening to some of his stuff. Never to late to learn. I somewhat made the shift on my own a few years back"

Wife and I were on different pages in regards to debt. Went through Dave Ramsey with a personal coach/Sargeant who tries to make ppl cry 😄. We are now on the same page and paid off 45k in one year. Free and clear and saving now, and not a year too soon. You need to work on building your skiff company! Might be able to afford one in a bit.

I'm in the process of finding my next boat - one I hope to have for many years to come. I never thought I'd be looking at a tin boat for the salt but this is the apple of my eye right now. I've been looking at damn near everything that's 17-19' and under 40K new. This pretty well checks all the boxes for my inshore fishing.

That is an enormous beam. I like how big would be for my little family, but will an 11" draft work when you want to go flats fishing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.