Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ll be staying in Port St. Joe from 10/16 to 10/20 and I’m bringing the Towee. I’ve fished the Research Road ramp near Mexico Beach and the inside of St. George Island near the state park. I’d like to try the Indian Pass area. Of course, I don’t want a GPS location, but any tips would be appreciated. I’d love to find some reds or trout I could get on fly.
My son in law will be with me and he’s very capable with the boat.
Do I need to take the push pole? I’d love to pole for reds, but it may not be a good spot.
I plan to launch at Cape San Blas and have read threads where it says the flow through the pass is swift. As long it’s not a safety hazard, I like it when the water moves.
Thanks for any information you don’t mind sharing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some of the most beautiful water on the Florida coast in that area. Haven’t fished the pass but I love the St Joe Bay for reds. Clear water great flats. Consider launching from the boat ramp in the state park and bring your push pole. Good luck!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of the most beautiful water on the Florida coast in that area. Haven’t fished the pass but I love the St Joe Bay for reds. Clear water great flats. Consider launching from the boat ramp in the state park and bring your push pole. Good luck!
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
2017 HB Guide 2013 Skeeter SX240
117 Posts
If you want to make a meat run fish the Highland bridge area. That's one of the fishiest places I know.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Check out Sheepshead Bayou and Big Bayou. You can pole. I fish Sheepshead more often as I am coming in from the East. Pleanty of shallow flats back in Indian Lagoon. I should emphasize shallow, and lots of oyster beds.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
881 Posts
I’ve had a towee in Indian pass a few times. As long as you are careful you’ll be ok .
The Indian pass bar holds redfish but is tricky.
I would concentrate on st Vincent sound if I launched at IP. Lots of bars and good grass on the mainland side near 13 mile

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ll be staying in Port St. Joe from 10/16 to 10/20 and I’m bringing the Towee. I’ve fished the Research Road ramp near Mexico Beach and the inside of St. George Island near the state park. I’d like to try the Indian Pass area. Of course, I don’t want a GPS location, but any tips would be appreciated. I’d love to find some reds or trout I could get on fly.
My son in law will be with me and he’s very capable with the boat.
Do I need to take the push pole? I’d love to pole for reds, but it may not be a good spot.
I plan to launch at Cape San Blas and have read threads where it says the flow through the pass is swift. As long it’s not a safety hazard, I like it when the water moves.
Thanks for any information you don’t mind sharing.
Have fun down there next week, man! Such a beautiful part of the state. Hope you get on ‘em!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leaving in the morning. Anybody heard further about the red tide in the area?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Ive had luck in Big Bayou. Also that area can be very nautical and hard bottom oysters. Last time i was there was the craziest day on my boat ever. period.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If crazy means bad, I’ve just had one of those. I hope I’ve got enough near death experience credits to last for a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
949 Posts
If crazy means bad, I’ve just had one of those. I hope I’ve got enough near death experience credits to last for a couple of weeks.
yeah like 3 ft and chocolate milk to hit the bottom, to running bilge the whole time. I was 50 percent sure I was gunna be walking to shore. Just like a mile north of the pass. I came out of Big Bayou and was trying get back. Should have just stayed in there.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I got no bilge. We were bailing with Yeti cups.
Yeah in a towee you would be walking the day I was out there. I had to get back to the river ramp though. You live and learn I guess.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blown out today. Tried Indian Lagoon to get out of the wind. Water looked like Yoohoo. We pulled off early. Gonna try somewhere different tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Blown out today. Tried Indian Lagoon to get out of the wind. Water looked like Yoohoo. We pulled off early. Gonna try somewhere different tomorrow.
Behind St Vincent Island. Tons of reds on the oyster bars. Don't know if they are still there but catch a lot of tripletail around the crab trap bouys and stakes in the summer.

Don't look for clear water. After all the rain we have had our waters all along the coast look like overboiled tea. The fish are still there though.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I may give that a go on Tuesday. The wind is gonna lay down some tomorrow and more on Tuesday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts