Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a trip toward the end of april and I need a boat friendly hotel in Miami area, preferably in the area of blue lagoon. Thanks!!

Lou

·
Registered
472 Posts
Just depends on how much you want to spend. Best western in homestead is prob your cheapest option. I’ve stayed at the Pullman with my skiff, it’s really nice and has a guarded lot. But you pay for it. Good coffee shop and restaurant too. You can fish from their property as well.

·
Paddling away...
6,394 Posts
I'll DM you right now with some info.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,489 Posts
I stayed in Homestead in February. I heard it has security there for boats. I did not have a boat when i stayed there

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'd call and check with the Hilton on Blue Lagoon... they used to have a big bass tournament out of that hotel but that was many years ago. It won;t be inexpensive, but they may even still have a ramp and dock.
Its only a 10 minute drive to the public ramp, the ramp is actually only about a 200 yards the way a crow flies but you have to go around.

There is a couple motels on perimeter road that have drive in garage rooms, one has a heart shaped tub with lights and mirror;s on teh ceiling. Maybe you could back the boat into the room and park the car/truck outside... actually the sort of cater to the hourly rental crowd that don;t want their car to be seen if you know what I mean.

Other than that nothing outside in that area is safe unless there are armed guards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts