Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
20191101_135222.jpg
So I have been wanting to do this for a while for a few reasons. I hate having a stalk in my livewell because it takes up space, makes it hard to get bait out, and water is always coming in it, regardless if I'm using it or not. It would be nice to double as dry storage if needed. So I'm thinking of doing a setup similar to how my action craft livewell was. I am definitely open to suggestions though!
So I was thinking of cutting my livewell drain pipe down by the bilge area and putting an adjustable on/off valve in. I feel like this would also allow me to I adjust the water level if needed. And In place of the stalk, just putting in some kind of removable mesh. I was even thinking of using an upside down silicone sink drain. Thoughts? Better ideas?
20191101_135252.jpg
20191101_135252.jpg

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have 2 valves one before the water gets to the pump and one after to control my water flow like you said. That way I don't have to screw with the water level after every time I decide to shut the water off when I'm not using bait.

·
Registered
716 Posts
If you don’t want the standpipe, you’re going to have to cut the drain pipe, drill a new hole at your desired water level with new fittings to tie into the existing drain. Find a rubber plug to fit the old drain to empty it all out at the end of the day.

What’s with all the rust? Looks like shit in there.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So here's what I ended up with. Ended up re doing it all after seeing how brittle the original PVC pipe was and also how bad the outside seal was. Sand was inside the thru hull hole and it looked like previous owner had caked a bunch of clear silicone on both sides.
20191108_094039.jpg
20191108_100412.jpg
20191108_100856.jpg
20191113_165038.jpg
I have the on/off valve so I can run with as little or as much water as I need and also added the over spill on the top. I haven't cleaned up the inside of the livewell yet. Sorry Walter. Rust is definitely from my 3 dollar dip net.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts