Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

I'm New Here

771 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Tappa 
#1 ·
My name is Gary/Tappa and I'm just 71. I live about 60 miles north of Houston, TX at Lake Livingston, the second largest lake within Texas borders. As you might guess, I'm retired and have some time to devote to hobbies. I'm not an avid fisherman but I am a photographer on and around the water. That's what is driving my desire to own a micro skiff. The nice thing about photography is you can combine it with almost any endeavor. We own a 24 foot deck boat, a kayak, a paddle board and now I hope to build a micro skiff. I joined this forum to share photos and learn about micro skiffs.
I also am not really familiar with forums like this one so it might take me a few posts to get it right. As a matter of fact I've already put a post in the wrong category and I do apologize for that.
I'm really looking forward to reading about members experiences and learning more about these cool boats.

#6 ·
My name is Gary/Tappa and I'm just 71. I live about 60 miles north of Houston, TX at Lake Livingston, the second largest lake within Texas borders. As you might guess, I'm retired and have some time to devote to hobbies. I'm not an avid fisherman but I am a photographer on and around the water. That's what is driving my desire to own a micro skiff. The nice thing about photography is you can combine it with almost any endeavor. We own a 24 foot deck boat, a kayak, a paddle board and now I hope to build a micro skiff. I joined this forum to share photos and learn about micro skiffs.
I also am not really familiar with forums like this one so it might take me a few posts to get it right. As a matter of fact I've already put a post in the wrong category and I do apologize for that.
I'm really looking forward to reading about members experiences and learning more about these cool boats.
Welcome. I live south of Houston and have a weekend place north of Huntsville. Have an aunt and uncle that have a place in Point Blank on Lake Livingston. Like Zika says, use the search and advanced search feature here. You can tell it to look for a word in the title of a thread which will help pinpoint what you are looking for.
We are in Coldspring area. I'm building this boat to navigate the shallow bays along the Trinity River above the Lake. My kayak is fine for this but it is limited on distance with a trolling motor and I need to be able to travel a ways up the creeks for my photography of birds and other wildlife. I owned a 22 foot Shoalwater that was great but just too large for these areas. Thanks for the welcome. Keep in touch, Gary

#5 ·
Welcome. I live south of Houston and have a weekend place north of Huntsville. Have an aunt and uncle that have a place in Point Blank on Lake Livingston. Like Zika says, use the search and advanced search feature here. You can tell it to look for a word in the title of a thread which will help pinpoint what you are looking for.

Reactions: Tappa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.