Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Every thought goes through your mind. ‘What if? What if? What if? What if I didn’t hear him? What if I was out front? What if I was upstairs?

Lot of what ifs. Apparently you were doing one of those what if’s. What if you had been watching the child.

·
Banned
4,551 Posts
bi-product of kids having kids.
drop em off at grannies house and go make another.

if my dad heard me in there. hed say..... ya learn anything yet?
If he were here to observe the goings these days oh I suspect he might have other interesting things to say too.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Easy for us old bastards to say. We didn't have to live with the dangers of vacumn locked coolers. If we did some of us wouldn't be here. Those old POS styrofoam coolers couldn't hold us in. We always called those "one ways" growing up. Because after all the beers were drank. The cooler was always busted or leaking. So they never made on the trip back. Yeti actually has a sticker on the inside of the lid. Next there will be a call from congress for glow in the dark vacumn release pulls inside all coolers. Just like in the trunk of everyone's car.

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
849 Posts
Refrigerators used to lock manually. I remember being told very specifically the dangers of getting in one. Few I remember worked, but several were used for dry storage of welding rods and such. According to my training, plenty of the kids that would now be caught in an igloo or yeti were caught in those. Dumb kids haven’t changed much.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Remember those Roman/roll up shades that were the rage a while back. Well my 4 year old son flipped those open to look out the window one day. And it did a half hitch around his neck. Then he tried to untangle himself. Which he ended up wrapping it around his neck more turns like a Bimmini twist. Then he really got in a panic. I was down the hall 30 feet away. I felt something was up because it was too quit. I went in his room to find him nearly hung. I had no idea he was in there fighting so hard. He had serious rope burn around his neck. Luckily that was the extent of it. I called CSPC the next day just to see if this had ever happened before. They sent a team out the next day to interview, gather info and take pics. A few months later Lowes recalled over 11 million blinds. Shit happens

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lowes-recalls-blinds-on-strangulation-concerns/

·
Registered
188 Posts
What's the big deal, not like anyone is gonna suffocate in that Igloo model, none of the airtight coolers have latches like that.
family had been out on their boat, dad cleans the cooler and sets it on the back porch with the lid open to dry before putting it away. Anyone here never done that? Hopefully the kid learned a lesson and kudos to the parents,they were right there when the kid freaked out.Hopefully the wife won't insist they file suit against Igloo for negligent design leading to emotional trauma.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
What's the big deal, not like anyone is gonna suffocate in that Igloo model, none of the airtight coolers have latches like that.
family had been out on their boat, dad cleans the cooler and sets it on the back porch with the lid open to dry before putting it away. Anyone here never done that? Hopefully the kid learned a lesson and kudos to the parents,they were right there when the kid freaked out.Hopefully the wife won't insist they file suit against Igloo for negligent design leading to emotional trauma.
Here we go...it just got real and turned into a Yeti vs Igloo debate...
One thing I do know is Yetis are made in China now and most of the Igloos are still made in Katy Texas. I have both in several models and a few Pelicans, K2s and a Coleman or three. My son hasn’t been retarded enough to get stuck in one so I guess natural selection has made it’s decision...

·
Registered
188 Posts
What debate are you inventing here???? roto coolers with "refridgerator" style gaskets are far more airtight than non gasketed coolers regardless of who makes either style. Thus the chance of suffocation in this style of Igloo cooler is far less than in at gasketed cooler, some of which are notoriously hard to open when chilled unless you first open the drain to relieve the internal pressure.
Wtf did you come up with a yeti vs igloo argument and why would it matter where either was made???

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
What debate are you inventing here???? roto coolers with "refridgerator" style gaskets are far more airtight than non gasketed coolers regardless of who makes either style. Thus the chance of suffocation in this style of Igloo cooler is far less than in at gasketed cooler, some of which are notoriously hard to open when chilled unless you first open the drain to relieve the internal pressure.
Wtf did you come up with a yeti vs igloo argument and why would it matter where either was made???
You took the bait. Can I take a photo with you and post it on the fishing reports thread?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts