Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Would of been there if not for a new baby boy born to us last week. Happy they did it earlier in the year than normal this time around. I dislike fishing the lagoon in general but it really sucks in september. Cant wait until Jacksonville!

For all the haters the IFA is a great organization and tries its best to ensure that local rules are followed and contestants will be DQ'd if they ran no wake zones and such. They give a lie detector test to the winners so they better not break any rules or it will come out.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Would of been there if not for a new baby boy born to us last week. Happy they did it earlier in the year than normal this time around. I dislike fishing the lagoon in general but it really sucks in september. Cant wait until Jacksonville!

For all the haters the IFA is a great organization and tries its best to ensure that local rules are followed and contestants will be DQ'd if they ran no wake zones and such. They give a lie detector test to the winners so they better not break any rules or it will come out.
Oh yea? Let me guess you think CCA is a great organization too. You can try and justify it all you want but remember, as George Louis Costanza once said, "Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie, if you believe it."

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was going to fish it but need to plumb a larger livewell, that and I had to work. Will most likely try my luck in Jacksonville and a west coast event but not 100% sure yet.

·
Registered
234 Posts
For the next lagoon tournament, us non entrants should just park our boats along the shore line of the best and most know areas these people would go or run shorelines.
That would be borderline illegal. Immoral and unsportsmanlike for sure. Way to go bud!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oh yea? Let me guess you think CCA is a great organization too. You can try and justify it all you want but remember, as George Louis Costanza once said, "Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie, if you believe it."
What is it about the IFA that you think is so awful? Or is it just tournaments in general you despise?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Starting to think these guys are just jealous that they could not even begin to compete against the guys in these tournaments. Jealousy sure rears an ugly head lol.

Reactions: prinjm6

·
Registered
234 Posts
I was going to fish it but need to plumb a larger livewell, that and I had to work. Will most likely try my luck in Jacksonville and a west coast event but not 100% sure yet.
Just use a large cooler with a portable livewell pump from Walmart. Be sure the cooler measures longer than 27" lengthwise. These are the best livewell you can have. No plumbing necessary.

·
Registered
697 Posts
For the next lagoon tournament, us non entrants should just park our boats along the shore line of the best and most know areas these people would go or run shorelines.
Don’t be surprised if there’s a few large coquina boulders just under the water along a couple shorelines next time.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Starting to think these guys are just jealous that they could not even begin to compete against the guys in these tournaments. Jealousy sure rears an ugly head lol.
If you don't understand why IFA events are disliked then you're either not paying attention or you're being intentionally dishonest. You have done a good job of reinforcing the bad stereotype with your jealousy comments so I'm going to assume you are well aware why people don't like IFA.

Keep burning those shorelines brosiff.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Shore line burning doesn’t happen in the lagoon like it did in the past. Happens, yes. But these tournaments bring out the worst behavior. They even motor in front of you cutting you off while you are polling a shoreline.

·
Banned
12,342 Posts
BigFish just stated he participates in burning shorelines and schools or redfish, what makes you think he’s not the typical tournament fisherman that supports this nonsense. Not all tournaments are the devil but you’ll notice lots of asshats come out of the woodwork when a tournament is being held...

Direct quote: “I have definitely participated in some "burning" as one of my best buds has a tower boat with a jet foot and I can tell you that redfish dont really care about it. We can run by a school and then turn around and catch them right where we saw them. They get way more spooked by a trolling motor than they do by an outboard. I believe they are conditioned to think that outboards are safe while trolling motors are danger.”

1 - 20 of 168 Posts