Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Scout 162 Sportfish
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to go on a purely fishing trip with my dad and brother this spring, and there are so many places I want to go. We're pretty much limited to North America and I really want to hear what other people would want to do or what trips you have gone on and loved.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,517 Posts
Ok I think Christmas Island is not in the US so Key West
Hawaii is part of the US and they have GT

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,262 Posts
North America? Easy...I'd make return trips to either Alaska or British Columbia in a heart beat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Northern New Mexico / Southern Colorado for freshwater

Backcountry everglades for mini tarpon for salt

Honorable mention to Louisiana since i was there on a redfish trip last weekend and had a blast

·
Plays with Glass...
1,280 Posts
The Boundary waters is my favorite but it’s not an easy trip.

Alternatively I’d try to hit up all of Colorados and New Mexico Gold water rivers. Starting at the Navajo Dam

·
Registered
777 Posts
I'm hoping to go on a purely fishing trip with my dad and brother this spring, and there are so many places I want to go. We're pretty much limited to North America and I really want to hear what other people would want to do or what trips you have gone on and loved.
Tree River for Char, I wanna do it with no guide and just bum for a month.

Before that it was the Keys. Also amazing.

·
Registered
777 Posts
The Boundary waters is my favorite but it’s not an easy trip.

Alternatively I’d try to hit up all of Colorados and New Mexico Gold water rivers. Starting at the Navajo Dam
whats the boundary waters

·
Registered
Ankona shadowcast 16
40 Posts
New Smyrna Beach!! Offshore quick to sites for some deep sea fishing one day, the lagoon one day, spruce creek one day, and last day just surf fish on beach with cold beers!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm leaving the US 3/4 times.

Fresh: 5 lb brook trout and wild Atlantic Salmon in Labrador
Salt: Grand Slam in Ascension Bay, Quintana Roo, Mexico
For the views/nature: Banff National Park, Alberta, Canada
Honorable Mention: Here, home in Virginia, the New River for the incredible smallmouth float and wade opportunities

·
Registered
422 Posts
Fresh off reading "Lords of the Fly" I'm going to say anywhere in Florida... a hundred years ago.
Exactly.

I had an offer to work for a boat mfg in North Miami in 1980. Still one of my greatest regrets not taking that job. Not a hundred years ago, but I could have been right there in the thick of it forty years ago.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts