Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,408 Posts
Your prop blew out on the turn. Go see Tran Sport for a cav plate and Jack Foreman for a prop.
If I am running that shallow I likely have a little bit of negative motor trim and I can grab some throttle in the turn and lift the stern around in the "slide".

Of course...if you blow out then all bets are off. :)

Get a plate and the right prop on there and you'll be able to run around in skinny water like you're in a go cart. Its fun...

·
I Love microskiff.com!
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The current prop is Mercurys Spitfire xp 13.5" 14P. Not the right prop for me.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,408 Posts
Its priceless 😄
The best advice I've ever gotten running a tunnel skiff was not to be afraid to use a little negative trim.

Your mind may scream at you that you're putting your skeg lower, but if you are running the right prop you'll actually get lift in your stern that will help you run skinnier overall.

I didn't believe it until I got in the jump seat and let someone more experience demonstrate it...it will allow you to blip the throttle when needed to literally lift your stern over shoals or whatever when you are crossing them. Play with it and you'll see...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Any chance you have a start up video? Haha I know it won’t sound like a 450R but I love the way those racing motors sound

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,370 Posts
Any chance you have a start up video? Haha I know it won’t sound like a 450R but I love the way those racing motors sound
Its actually really quiet. We got pictures and video of @scissorhands Pro and he got some run footage of my EVOx. We rafted up and talked for a while and he took off to put more time on the boat. Start up was quiet, similar to most new 4 strokes. Nevertheless, it is a sweet sled.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I’ll get one for you tomorrow.
Its actually really quiet. We got pictures and video of @scissorhands Pro and he got some run footage of my EVOx. We rafted up and talked for a while and he took off to put more time on the boat. Start up was quiet, similar to most new 4 strokes. Nevertheless, it is a sweet sled.
Thanks Jay. Glad we finally got them and can concentrate on fishing now,

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,591 Posts
A lot quieter than my 60 Zuke......nice.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Got the foreman prop put on today, gets out of the hole pretty good. Its cold so I didn’t stay out for very long, but
I couldn’t resist trying it.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts