Hurricanes!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Swamp, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

What is up with this season? It just won't quit.  We just hit named storm #19 and it looks like another is going to form in the next few days.  That leaves us with two names left.

I hate these late season storms, they can be unpredictable and just pop up anywhere.  Though we could use some rain...

Swamp

2. Capt Dan Medina

Capt Dan Medina Well-Known Member

When I saw the tittle I thought you were going to betalking about the Miami Hurricanes FB team and how aweful they looked.....Only bright side was the true freshman QB

But honestly, all the storms we have had seem to have been swept north then back out east.... I have ZERO complaints about that... It is surprising that we have so many storms without really hearing anything about them....

3. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

not too bad so far- a few years back we got hammered every 2-3 weeks
    with bonny,charlie,frances,gene,and ivan oh and lots more that didnt make hurri strength ,,, need the rain tho.
    -anytide

4. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

Oh I agree, we have done well with the lack of landfalls here. I'm just tired of looking to see what might come this way or not every day. I remember the "Hurricane" year very well. I lived in Melbourne and did not bother to unboard the house for almost two months. The joke was "it's the weekend, must be another hurricane coming".

Miami FB team: That's sports right? ;)

Swamp

5. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

yeh when they start tracking them of the african coast you know three weeks in advance that there is one coming, or going somewhere it can get to ya after a while -sometimes there is just too much info.
    -anytide