Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dustin Pack, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Palma Sola

Palma Sola Well-Known Member

Got luck in Bradenton west and Cortez..some pool cages, tree limbs, and fence post damage
    is seen. Dodged a major bullet here when she sadly crushed Marco and Naples and came inland to the east. I'm certain that Lakeland and the surrounding area got hit worse than Bradenton and Cortez..
    For those of you from the Keys through Naples-- God bless you all ..

Backwater and flysalt060 like this.
  2. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

I watched the whole storm via my security cameras. but I was safer 200
    You ever lose power slow typer I know they never did in gateway my wifes boss lives there. And I know parts of the cape still have it.[/QUOTE]
    No, we didn't lose power. Watch the whole even from our security cameras. Glad we didn't stay I was worried enough in a hotel Monday night in Palatka with 79mph gusts. Couldn't imagine 100+ on my own property.[/QUOTE]
    Yes it was pretty intense inside the house when the shutters started rattling for about an hour or so my wife said never again.

flysalt060 likes this.

3. Backcountry 16

Yes slow typer was pretty intense inside the house for an hour when the shutters were rattling my wife said never again.

4. Hoyt_Dow

Hoyt_Dow I Love microskiff.com!

we made it home safe and hope everybody else did.

5. Hoyt_Dow

Hoyt_Dow I Love microskiff.com!

House was not damaged. Too old to run again. Staying put next time no matter what.

6. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

I can't believe people left RV's at Sunshine with with over 72 hours notice that a CAT 5 hurricane was coming.

fla-hurricane-irma4-epa-ml-170912_4x3_992.jpg

7. fishicaltherapist

fishicaltherapist I Love microskiff.com!

Took out dead limbs, palm fronds, and a few shingles here in Sun City Center(aka: God's waiting room). Never lost power. Highest wind measured here was 83 . God bless all !!

Backwater and flysalt060 like this.
  8. permitchaser

permitchaser I Love Skinny Water

Need a new boat cover can't find the blog that has one for flats boats. Too many limbs and crap on the boat cover

9. 321nole

321nole Well-Known Member

carver boat covers, "styled-to-fit" :cool:

no damage here in palm bay/west melbourne, though no power for over 60 hours now.. nearly took a direct hit from a tornado around 11am Sunday while I was sitting on the patio...wind went from a refreshing 25 to 125 in the blink of an eye, got really lucky, others were not as fortunate.

10. SomaliPirate

SomaliPirate Well-Known Member

I got off pretty light in Marion. My shed flooded pretty bad. No power, water or cell signal since Sunday evening, but the house, vehicles and skiff are ok. I learned the hard way that you shouldn't eat warm chicken, melted ice cream and olives from the fridge the day after the storm. Food poisoning when you don't have running water sucks. Word is that we are likely to be 2-3 weeks without power here. I managed to snag a generator yesterday and I'm trying to figure out who I need to shoot to get some fuel for it. I hope everybody else came through ok.

T Bone likes this.
  11. permitchaser

Looked Carver and covers are $480-$545
    Little too much but nice covers

12. Backwater

Backwater Fly Fishing Shaman

Dude, food poisoning sucks! We never took that chance and thru out what we knew didn't stay cold and fresh!

13. Backcountry 16

That's why I made ice for three days before the storm and filled my freezer and two fridges it stayed long enough for me to get the generator going the next morning. Luckily our one neighbor forgot to clean out her fridge so we cleaned it out for her got 2 bags of ice Cha ching and some food and I swipped her home made cookies she left for my services. So last night we had bbq chicken corn on the cob and taters on the grill invited another neighbor who is watching his place because he has no power also. He came over tonight for hamburgers and taters tots made from venison that came out of my freezer and who knows what tomorrow dinner menu holds. Glad I got my well up and running with my generator today first shower since the storm nice and cold man that was refreshing. Waited in line for only around 30 minutes for gas today Racetrack on 82 and Ortiz felt pretty good about that my buddy did 1 and a half hours it's a zoo down here more so than normal. Time to go refill the generator and get the fridges and fans running yeah.

14. permitchaser

Glad you made it through man. You made me hungry reading you post

15. Backcountry 16

10 4 permit chaser I do miss the ac though. And thanks us crackers don't run.

Godzuki86 likes this.
  16. Seabreeze

Seabreeze Well-Known Member

Been through it at ground zero for Frances and Jean, that's what my wife said also when the doors wanted to blow in "Never Again"

17. SomaliPirate

SomaliPirate Well-Known Member

What makes it worse is I had my wife, the medical professional, next to me the whole time saying "don't eat that; you're gonna get sick, dumbass". I have nobody to blame but myself. We had plenty of cold stuff in the deep freezer (and still do thanks to the generator)...I'm just dumb sometimes, what can I say?
    Positive note: Last night I managed to source a small portable AC unit. Set it up in the bedroom and hooked it to the generator. We slept at a comfortable 74 degrees.

18. permitchaser

This is a dumb question but don't you guys in the sunshine state have solar panels. I know they might have blown away but..,

321nole likes this.
  19. 321nole

321nole Well-Known Member

I wish, damn things are expensive

20. Backcountry 16

Thanks to fema for supplying rock to lee county to dump on wildcat. Yesterday my daughter took her truck out got stuck called me and I came and pulled her out and guess where my phone is now version loves me 2 phones gone in 8 months. Good thing for insurance. And got a free case of water from the Immokalee fire department diving around in a huge buggy thanks guy's well off to cut more trees.

SomaliPirate likes this.