Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was under the boat yesterday fixing the trailer lights and noticed this circle about midway in the hull:

Hood Wood Automotive tire Floor Vehicle door
Grey Circle Sky Pattern Event

My wife thinks I hit something, but I don't think so.. it's too perfect of a circle plus there's no major scratching around it. And I don't remember hitting anything. Is it a manufacturer thing?

How should I repair this?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2016 East Cape Vantage. Bought used. No idea what’s above it (no access). Not a transducer hole- has OG transducer on stern.

East Cape does vacuum infused- would it have this?

·
Registered
“10K Islands adrift on a skiff,my worries escape me,with the flick of my wrist”
1,077 Posts
💯 that’s what it is.
shit happens.
I’m sure they will fix it. A friend that does glass work as well. Just had to fix two new Chittums for the same thing. This rich guy bought a 12 and 2 degree. Then had my friend come out to do the repair. Which was two trips to let the gelcoat cure and shrink before sanding. Upon completion he refused to pay her the $450 they agreed on. And told her she would have to get it from Hal. Even that was not part of discussion prior.

edit: Confirmed Hal was a stand up guy and honored this guy’s deal. She had a check in her hand three days later👍

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
💯 that’s what it is.
shit happens.
I’m sure they will fix it. A friend that does glass work as well. Just had to fix two new Chittums for the same thing. This rich Boca asshole bought a 12 and 2 degree. Then had my friend come out to do the repair. Which was two trips to let the gelcoat cure and shrink before sanding. Upon completion he refused to pay her the $450 they agreed on. And told her she would have to get it from Hal. This lady is 62 and still works her ass off. This POS was the CEO of proctor&gamble for over twenty years. And is probably sitting on over a hundred million.🤬
If ya need help collecting for her just give me a call! 😉

·
Registered
“10K Islands adrift on a skiff,my worries escape me,with the flick of my wrist”
1,077 Posts
So I was under the boat yesterday fixing the trailer lights and noticed this circle about midway in the hull:

View attachment 216973 View attachment 216974

My wife thinks I hit something, but I don't think so.. it's too perfect of a circle plus there's no major scratching around it. And I don't remember hitting anything. Is it a manufacturer thing?

How should I repair this?
It appears to be positive from the pic. If that’s the case it can be wet sanded and buffed in a few minutes. If you need to fill it that would be more time.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep there’s a small recess.

I’m in NC so East Cape factory isn’t an option. Any recommendations in the Raleigh area for glass work? OR is this something my inexperienced ass could do?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I wouldnt sweat it being its a Birthmark, if it was a actually impact damage that would be different...
Id have a glass guy Repair it when fishing slows down if it was mine 👍

When i bought my 22 DIY panga from panga marine it came with a quarter size place At bottom of stern that the gelcoat had obviously decided to stay with the mold, LOL I got Steve Gale At G-Finishing to fix it after panga marine sent the correct gelcoat "Sage Mountain" color ,steve does awesome work it looked like it had never happened....you need to find a guy in your area 👍but id fish till i found a quality glass guy with good rep !

1 - 20 of 52 Posts