Hull paint

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by erikb85, Jun 24, 2015.

1. erikb85

erikb85 I Love microskiff.com!

Just a basic decent paint that doesnt necessarily need to be sprayed on and I can get mixed in a custom color. Im clueless on this. I hate painting but I want something tough that I can get a custom color with. Please, enlighten the Bum.

2. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

I used this: http://www.monstaliner.com/
    Its tough as nails and comes in 39 colors. It has a slight texture when not backrolled and a satin sheen to it. I really like it.
    It is not cheap though, you could do Awlgrip for the same or less but I wanted no worries about scratching it up and I didn't want to spend a couple hundred on a rub rail either. Its been into the dock several times on windy days without a scratch.

A couple of pics of the texture:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: The only negative I can say about it is that decals don't stick very well to it as you can see in the first picture. I'm not sure if its the decals or the coating...

3. CurtisWright

CurtisWright Light, Strong, Cheap. Pick Two.

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

^x2

Not sure about custom color, but they have a nice color selection.

Awl grip is not for a novice.

5. erikb85

erikb85 I Love microskiff.com!

I chatted privately with Tomahawk about that DIY liner paint. Looks like pretty cool stuff for the same price as Perfection. I think im gonna need the protective properties of the bedliner for running NC and VA rivers. Plus they have a couple colors im very interested in.

6. riptide

riptide Riptide Boat Works N.C.

Raptor liner is a truck bed coating that can be tinted to any color yoy want