Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Scout 221 Winyah Bay
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been longer than I would've liked but many people say, good things come to those who wait. Currently setup with some Nylon bearings but working on some KryptoQuiet bearings from Drummond Manufacturing. I will begin bench testing this weekend and hope to have loaded on a boat with a F70 Yamaha in the next week or so. Keep in mind this is a prototype so the machining marks are a bit more rough than the production parts will be.

Total travel time for 6" stroke is under 8 seconds unloaded and weight comes in just under 33lbs with actuator.

Will start sending out update emails to those who have either sent me their email or submitted the form on our website homepage.

Teasers:
Wood Bumper Gas Machine Hardwood

Wood Hardwood Gas Flooring Machine

·
Registered
2008 Scout 221 Winyah Bay
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Will this fit on a Beavertail Mosquito?
Currently the plates are 15" wide at max width... It was just recently brought to my attention by @Zika that I need to double check and this is 0.5" wider than the Micro. I can revise the plates to match no issues, so 14.5" will be production width. If you don't mind taking a measurement on your Mosquito that would be helpful to ensure it fits. This is not much wider than the BIA hole pattern so I would imagine it will be fine.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
That's a good weight for a self contained unit.

·
Panhandler
3,477 Posts
I just measured my 2017 BT Mosquito/Atlas Micro. The flared plate is 14.5 inches wide at the top and the transom plate has close to 1/2 inch clearance on either side of the top of the sponson well. 15 inches would be a tight fit, so if you can shave /14 inch off each side on the production version, that will work for Mosquito owners. Can't speak about the Waterman, but @DBStoots could probably provide figures. Whenever he gets off the water long enough. ;)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts