Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
546 Posts
Nice to see Claude Berwicks skiff being taken such good care of. Claude came to our first boat show in Huston Texas When all we had to show was the #1 rough hull that I had built in 3 weeks to let Flip use for a Walkers Cay show with Lefty.
At the Huston show I made a 2x12 pond with visqueen filled with 6” of water and we floated #1 fully rigged in it. I stood on the poling tower and talked up this silly little skiff. We taped the turned down trim tabs so as to not cause a leak in the pool. The skiff was floating in plenty of water.
Claude was so impressed he wrote us a deposit check right there and waited for me to finish making the deck molds and get the skiff into production.
Claude was a real gentleman and I miss talking to him.
With that lower spray rail she will be real dry but will make a little noise now and then. It’s a trade off. So many skiffs today that have adopted this upper spray rail design into their designs will end up with the slapping noise too because they are built too heavy or did not design in enough displacement into their skiff.

Look up under the bows deck in the forward hatch to see if it’s signed. Can’t remember.

·
Registered
98’ Whipray
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice to see Claude Berwicks skiff being taken such good care of. Claude came to our first boat show in Huston Texas When all we had to show was the #1 rough hull that I had built in 3 weeks to let Flip use for a Walkers Cay show with Lefty.
At the Huston show I made a 2x12 pond with visqueen filled with 6” of water and we floated #1 fully rigged in it. I stood on the poling tower and talked up this silly little skiff. We taped the turned down trim tabs so as to not cause a leak in the pool. The skiff was floating in plenty of water.
Claude was so impressed he wrote us a deposit check right there and waited for me to finish making the deck molds and get the skiff into production.
Claude was a real gentleman and I miss talking to him.
With that lower spray rail she will be real dry but will make a little noise now and then. It’s a trade off. So many skiffs today that have adopted this upper spray rail design into their designs will end up with the slapping noise too because they are built too heavy or did not design in enough displacement into their skiff.

Look up under the bows deck in the forward hatch to see if it’s signed. Can’t remember.
It’s signed. Thanks Chris..

·
Registered
609 Posts
I don’t see nav lights, do you keep something portable for the odd night mission or am I just not seeing the light... so to speak.

·
Registered
98’ Whipray
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
0AF35CEB-59DD-4837-B423-6560586CC62F.jpeg
8C5ED3AD-5A6C-4088-A570-3CE4C942A4A4.jpeg
I don’t see nav lights, do you keep something portable for the odd night mission or am I just not seeing the light... so to speak.
Navilights by navisafe are awesome. Battery powered. All mount on go pro mounts. Besides the engine there’s only two fuses on the boat and no more freaking holes!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
That’s a work of art!

·
Registered
98’ Whipray
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words. I can’t bring it anywhere without someone complimenting about it.
-I still need to raise the platform an inch so I can trim the motor all the way.
- Getting a carbon casting platform built
- Some SeaDek on the poling platform
She’ll be ready to rock after that.

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
848 Posts
Is that a muffler coming off the prop in the before pic? I’ve not seen something like that before

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,820 Posts
View attachment 98068 View attachment 98066
Navilights by navisafe are awesome. Battery powered. All mount on go pro mounts. Besides the engine there’s only two fuses on the boat and no more freaking holes!
Beautiful boat! How do you like the navisafe lights? I've been very interested in those, but haven't heard lots of feedback on how they hold up over time.

·
Registered
98’ Whipray
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Beautiful boat! How do you like the navisafe lights? I've been very interested in those, but haven't heard lots of feedback on how they hold up over time.
Haven’t got a chance to use them a lot. Beauty is you remove them and store them in the nice case they come with. I’ll leave the stern light in place. It doubles as a courtesy light as it lights up the whole cockpit when in the all mode.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts