HPS handles chop/wakes better than a Fountain 38

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CapnK, Sep 7, 2012.

1. CapnK

CapnK I Love microskiff.com and my PowerSkiff!

At least, I've never failed like this with the HPS. :)

Driver (obviously not much of a real 'capt' to fur up like this in those conditions...) guy just flops over like a mannequin.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/09/05/vo-boaters-thrown-in-accident.lake-tv-mylaketv

2. anytide

anytide Administrator Staff Member

ha ha  thats awesome.
    -crash test dummies........ [smiley=1-laugh.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-biggrin.gif]

3. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

^when you give dumb rich yuppies money..

4. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

Idiot.  Couldn't see much chop on the water.  Looks like it might have been porpoising and then it started to chine walk.  If that's the case they got lucky.  Bad trim, too much power, not enough brains.  Not that I really wish harm to the driver, but hope at least the passengers recovered quickly.  This and things like it is why things are becoming more and more restrictive... :mad:

5. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

Tide I'm with you [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-laugh.gif] [smiley=1-beer-german.gif] I cant stop. Restrictions cant fix stupid but the process of elimination can.

6. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

He should take up golf or video games

7. anytide

stiffy needs to bend at the knees.

8. anytide

cross between popcorn and a washing machine,,
    -stiffy's gunna need some new shades.

9. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

I have seen the whole video. It's boat wakes. He chopped te throttle on the first 3-4 proper. But it was trimmed out pretty good and he stuck the bow and snapped it sideways.

10. Swamp

Swamp I Love microskiff.com!

Thanks, that clip was all I saw. He is still an idiot.

11. Creek Runner

Creek Runner Well-Known Member

Those people are very lucky! That was all driver error, and could have been avoided.

12. fsae99

fsae99 I Love microskiff.com!

I had a very similar but not quite a sever experience in 34 ft donzi a few months back. The Donzi carved, I'd bet a 2.5-3G right hand turn instead of the abrupt stop that fountain had. We came off of a wave and as the buoyancy hop was at its max we were hit with another wave. We were quartering in following sea coming in on the port side and just push the bow right around.

In that video you can see that fountain heavily list to starboard after coming off that wave and the driver guns the throttles as he is about to land and backs out. If he was driving a Porsche I would call that trailing throttle over steer.

13. anytide

years back the owner of local bonefish grill , kissed the dash in that rocket he blasted around in -jumping waves ?. found him later............. on.
    -the video is funny, but its happened to me..
    - my g-niece fell over in similar incident and was propped..

safety first :)