Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Howdy...

574 3
Hey all. Been fishing salt water for the better part of 50 years. Grew up on the flats of the middle Texas coast (Rockport) chasing tailing reds then moved to NC and migrated to doing most of my fishing in the Florida Keys - travelling there every year with my kids.

Now have been lucky enough to get a place in Islamorada and do a lot more fishing out of that area. I had a Redfisher 18 for about 17 years when fishing with my kids (I know, there is nothing "micro" about that "skiff") but moved to a bay boat (Robalo Cayman 226) about 2 1/2 years ago. I absolutely love that boat and everything it can do (including getting pretty shallow as it will float in about 12") but I really miss my true flats fishing.

Which finally brings me to what I'm doing here :). In my research for a smaller boat for me to fish the Islamorada/EGNP flats, threads on this site kept popping up and had tons of good info so, now that I have my very own "micro skiff" on order, I've gone ahead and registered here since I lurked for a while and got so much out of it.

Hopefully, I can contribute in the future.

Thanks
-ebr
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.