Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,141 Posts
well I took my grandson to Lake Jackson Sunday to fly fish for carp and my fat ass boat got stuck on a ankle deep flat. I didn't know to turn at the buoy, who knew. After we pushed in to 8" I jumped on. Then found a shallow point that we tossed corn out on as the carp came in mudded I poled my grandson into position to cast JET SKI came with in PP length. day was over
6-1-20 002.JPG

here she is in all her lovely broad ask..

·
Registered
1999 Whipray, 2017 Tohatsu MFS50
714 Posts
View attachment 137294
I’ve been looking at sterns a LONG time, and even consider myself a stern man. But I may need a lesson in what a chine is because my Guide...errr girl is much more like a 72’er. Of course, she is a bit older than that fine specimen. And she does have a tunnel.
dream skiff right there. Wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
For those of you who don's know what the outer chine is on a vessel, see below. how wide is your girl from corner to corner across the stern? it would be interesting to compare stern widths of hulls that we as a community think are good poling skiffs.
upload_2020-6-2_13-58-14.png

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,141 Posts
For those of you who don's know what the outer chine is on a vessel, see below. how wide is your girl from corner to corner across the stern? it would be interesting to compare stern widths of hulls that we as a community think are good poling skiffs.
View attachment 138040
I had to look at it a minute to figure it out so I’m going to measure on the boat from chine to chine

21 - 40 of 55 Posts