Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Beavertail B1
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all. I’ve got a 22’ Biscayne push pole that I’m looking to doll up. It currently looks like hammered ass(see pics) and was looking for some insight into getting it to look brand new if possible. TIA
Water Wood Liquid Horizon Sky

Automotive tire Carbon Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

·
Registered
Perfection Challenger / East Cape Glide
156 Posts
Do you know if that’ll smoothen out the pole and have it look good by chance?
You’ll have to smooth out any deep marks by sanding and or filler. If you just scuff your pole and spray it you’ll still see the imperfections. Of course it’s purely cosmetic and won’t hurt anything. Hard to say without seeing it in person but from the looks of your pics you have lots a deep chips that just a simple paint won’t hide.

I just recoated my Stiffy hybrid but I simply mixed up some 2 part epoxy and lightly brushed it on. After it dried I scuffed it by hand with 320 and then sprayed it with a UV clear. It isn’t glass smooth though as I didn’t want to take the time to meticulously sand and prepare all 21 feet. It rather spend that time fishing.

If I had to do it again and wanted it “perfect” I’d rig a slow turning jig like rod builders use so that I could coat it in epoxy and then it would self level. IMO it’s just not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
235 Posts
did a good job on mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts