How much do we spend on fishing tackle?

Discussion in 'General Fishing' started by Backwater, Nov 2, 2017.

1. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Probably a trillion by now. :)

2. topnative2

topnative2 Well-Known Member

One time I counted up just my hard lures and what I spent on them and had to sit down..........................no more secret weapons!

Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  3. brianBFD

brianBFD Active Member

Two weeks ago my wife won 2nd place women's category in a kayak fishing tournament. Part of the prize package was a few hard plastic baits. I told her that the 3 lures were probably about $20-$25 in value. She wrinkled her forehead and said, "Wait, you have 3 of those big plastic boxes completely full of lures like these......"

topnative2 and Smackdaddy53 like this.
  4. Flyman28

Flyman28 Well-Known Member

Loose lips sink credit cards!

topnative2 and Smackdaddy53 like this.
  5. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Too much.......

If i had to guess I'd say at least a grand a year when you factor in everything. Add up the other stuff and triple that number. A girlfriend or two on the side would throw that number way up there so fishing is definitely cheaper.

6. CurtisWright

CurtisWright Light, Strong, Cheap. Pick Two.

Now that I have a 5,6,8,10,and 12wt rod, almost nothing. Maybe 100$/yr. A spool of 30lb leader, 25pk of 2/0 mustads, misc fur/feathers, and some thread.

Ohh and $70 for new 8wt line every third year or so. The other weights have never been changed because they are only used occasionally.