Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
"This one time at band camp..."
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live just northeast of Mobile, AL and we've just had our 7th wettest December ever. All of the rivers that come down and make up the Mobile-Tensaw Delta are looking at potential record setting high water levels. The water will probably crest well above the Claiborne dam. All of this water makes it's way down to the delta and Mobile Bay and turns it all into a chocolate mess. By next Wednesday you should be able to see **** tracks across the Tensaw River. Looks like we're going to get another big dose tonight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I live on the coast north of Charleston.

Only seen the burning ball of gas unobstructed for several hours since Christmas. I could darn near float my boat in the drainage ditches around the village!

Raining now!

Should be nice Saturday with lots of sun for perhaps 5 days.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,058 Posts
Seriously though, I think my part of SE Texas is pushing 60” of rain for 2018 which is about 15” more than average.

Reactions: makin moves

·
I Love microskiff.com!
223 Posts
Up here in northern VA/DC area we’ve had our wettest year on record dating back to 1871. Depending on the airport we ended the year at 65-70 inches about 2X normal. Great year if you like catfish.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,092 Posts
I live just northeast of Mobile, AL and we've just had our 7th wettest December ever. All of the rivers that come down and make up the Mobile-Tensaw Delta are looking at potential record setting high water levels. The water will probably crest well above the Claiborne dam. All of this water makes it's way down to the delta and Mobile Bay and turns it all into a chocolate mess. By next Wednesday you should be able to see **** tracks across the Tensaw River. Looks like we're going to get another big dose tonight.
i live in Georgia and all our weather comes from Alabama. So could you stop with the rain

Reactions: flysalt060

·
Panhandler
2,723 Posts
20 inches above normal rainfall for 2018 in Tallahassee/FL Big Bend. We're growing webbing between our toes, the water looks like 4 day-old coffee and most of the trout have hightailed it to Cancun. Thankfully there's about a 5-day window of sunshine on tap--right after another round of showers tomorrow. :mad:

I'm ready to slap El Nino back into his crib.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wettest July on record, wettest December on record.
Wettest year on record.
Almost 90” in Myrtle.
For some perspective, the Amazon basin averages 90” annually.
Our usually very fertile brackish watersheds are 0ppm salinity.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wilmington,N.C. ended up w/ 103", which obviously surpassed the previous all-time high of 83". Even before the hurricane , we were on pace to break the record, but Florence dumped 23 plus inches on Wilmington, and a total of 8 trillion gallons in NC. And yes--it's friggin' raining now

·
Registered
375 Posts
Normal rainfall for September in SE Texas is 5", September 2018 we had over 25". It hasn't stopped, I poured 3.5" out of my rain gauge from the last 24 hours, I've quit keeping up with it.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,001 Posts
I live 30 miles from the coast on pearl river basin, west Mississippi/east louisiana area. Seems like it's raining bout 5 days a week since I rigged my new boat. Saturated ground, next 2 days it's supposed to clear up...
Revision, it's raining daily now n rivers r at flood stages opened mississippi River spillway at Norco....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts