Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a deal on a 2014 Hanson 16 skiff, has a 2007 Yamaha 50 on it that apparently was new when installed in 2014.

Replacing my 2000 (I think) Sundance 16 skiff that has a 2017 Suzuki 40hp for the Hanson.

Thinking I should probably swap my Suzuki with the Yamaha, then sell the Sundance with the Yamaha.

They are both 16ft side consoles, so everything should be the same length. How hard is it to swap and get everything working? Never swapped a engine and controls except for a 25hp tiller, and anyone can do that.

Trying to avoid having to pay someone to do it. Already up to like $6,000 in repairs on my 26 proline On all wiring/ little stuff, almost broke

Attachments

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Noun. cheesedick (plural cheesedicks) (slang, vulgar, derogatory) A rude, annoying, or obnoxious person (usually a man).
I could be a cheesedick at times. However I do perform most of the service needed on my OB.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyways guys, what should i expect a local shop to charge me to swap them? How many hours of labor is fair?

From what I gather is the 40hp weighs 230lb, how much does the 50hp yamaha weigh?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First guy I called that I’ve used before told me $600....

Maybe I can find someone off Facebook that will come help me for beer and some cash ‍♂

B

·
0 Posts
Maybe, but remember... ya get what ya pay for! My suggestion is if you are gonna continue to try to be profitable flipping used boats is to go to mmi and get some basic technical knowledge of the marine industry and move foreward. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but there are those of us that make a living doing this very thing! The auto mechanic gets paid, the electrician gets paid, the hvac guy gets paid, the roofer gets paid, the lawn guy gets paid, the pool boy gets paid... yet for some reason the guy that fixes boats many try to shaft. I appreciate what you are doing and all, but don’t be cheap about it either. Would you want a guy “other than a knowledgable friend” rigging/repairing a boat that your gonna take your family on? Now, do you think anyone on this forum is gonna pay you for a boat that the beer money guy rigged? If anybody understands tight times, poor sales, and having to be frugal believe me... I do! Rant over, just some food for thought.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts