Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

How do you store your push pole?

1934 Views 47 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  messin.with.sasquatch
On the boat is obvious, but what about when the boat is stored in land? What is the best way to store the push pole?
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
2,480 Posts
J hooks from the ceiling in the garage when at home, or against the wall when at the shop. I rotate during longer periods when not using. Sometimes after a bad trip I just throw it over the fence into the backyard out of spite and let it sit there for a week.

· Registered
443 Posts
Pipe along the shop wall. Nobody sees it. It's fully supported. Only a tiny bit is exposed for possible damage. I have a pipe in the trailer too so when going long distances you can slide it in from the front of the trailer before hooking up so it can't be stolen. If you rattle can the pipe gray or silver, it won't even be noticed.

· Registered
2020 Chittum Mangrove
1,579 Posts
Pipe along the shop wall. Nobody sees it. It's fully supported. Only a tiny bit is exposed for possible damage. I have a pipe in the trailer too so when going long distances you can slide it in from the front of the trailer before hooking up so it can't be stolen. If you rattle can the pipe gray or silver, it won't even be noticed.
I’d like to see a pic of the trailer pipe

· Registered
1,027 Posts
When space is a premium in south florida you have to make any wall that can handle 24’ pushpoles work. Got shelf brackets that are decorative galvanized from amazon. Small step ladder to retrieve one and right out the front door you go. The one car garage can handle the skiff but not the pushpoles.
Cloud Sky Interior design Building Computer

· Registered
1,197 Posts
I have mine hanging out of sight under the deck by my lift.

· Registered
1,197 Posts
He already has a step stool involved man

Reactions: Radik315
1 - 20 of 48 Posts