Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My next question is this : Since this was intended to secure an item inside the boat , in areas that the screw does not make it's way through the hull how well would this secure an item ?

Let's say a "raptor" platform "secured" to a raised deck

And wouldn't that penetration allow moisture intrusion and cause de lamination ?

Oh 5200 is a JOKE ! I prepped a surface and stuck down a bilge pump and it came loose and is flopping around ...

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is what I was looking for : ...

"If its outside the boat above the water line I’d put tape on the outside hole and patch the hole from the inside with thickened epoxy. Once cured, then prep the outside and match the Gel.

If below the water line normally you'd follow this step (patch size and glass type being variable). Prep a 2x2 area on both sides of the hole with 50 grit paper. Use two to four fiberglass patches starting at 1 inch and working up to 2 inches by the third patch. Repeat on both sides.

But with a hole that small, You could probably get away with a patch on the inside of the boat, especially if that area is unlikely to come in contact with anything. "

·
Registered
459 Posts
Stainless bolt (screw) of the proper size, 2 flat washers, and a Nylok nut. If it is indeed aluminum then insulate the added screw from the hull and use plastic washers. In either case use your favorite sealant.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chop Strand fiberglass ...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts