Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find any online. Do they have a technical name that would sweeten the google search parameter, as of now hook pull is pretty vague.
Thanks in advance guys.

·
Lowcountry Degen
1,654 Posts
No need to drop lots of coin unless you like the look of the eye bolt -- you can just use a quality stainless pad eye. Slightly larger footprint, but I think it's much stronger. I can tighten knots in 80# leader without worrying about tearing anything up. Two machine screws with big fender washers makes for a very study base and spreads the load over a good bit of fiberglass.

Not saying that the eye bolt will ever fail or cause the glass to fail, but the pad eye does the same thing for around 5 bucks.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,506 Posts
I think i can get a stainless eye at Ace for less than $5. I think ill mount it right in the middle of my foam hook holder

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,243 Posts
No need to drop lots of coin unless you like the look of the eye bolt -- you can just use a quality stainless pad eye. Slightly larger footprint, but I think it's much stronger. I can tighten knots in 80# leader without worrying about tearing anything up. Two machine screws with big fender washers makes for a very study base and spreads the load over a good bit of fiberglass.

Not saying that the eye bolt will ever fail or cause the glass to fail, but the pad eye does the same thing for around 5 bucks.
This is what I just purchased for my Vantage. SS eyebolt, fender washer and a couple hex nuts to set the depth and tighten and then the other for a jam nut. All in about $6 from West Marine.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Key chain, mount it in a plastic console hatch, cooler, pliers, buddies arm, casting platform mounting hardware or Boga grip. Hey it’s your boat. I’ve never see it, or thought of doing this. Although I did make one for tackle box for land based jetty fishing and heavy tackle.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
686 Posts
Alternatively you can attach a split ring to whatever device you use to cut your leaders and line when tying. Lots of "knippers" come with them already, common with fly fishermen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts