honeymoon ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by luckovertme, Mar 16, 2011.

1. luckovertme

luckovertme I Love microskiff.com!

I come to you guys whenever I need help with boating or fishing, why not ask about honeymoon ideas. I am getting married in September. She wants to do a cruise, simply because of the meals being included and she doesnt have to do anything. Im not totally against the idea just thought there is better out there. I was trying to find an all inclusive resort that might have some fishing, kayaking or sailing included. Anyone have ideas or tips???

2. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

My advice is to do what she wants. :)There will be plenty of time to do other trips but if you are off even a little it could be ugly. :'( Make her happy every chance you can. I have been happily whipped for 30 years this August and do what I can to bring her joy. :cool:
    Yes she is spoiled :D

3. luckovertme

AARRGHHH!!! good point tho just not what i wanted to hear. ;D

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

That day in September is HER day not yours! :)

Test the waters on other ideas for a honeymoon and get back to us and when you do give a ballpark budget and destination ideas. Some fantastic resorts out there but you have to pay to play.

5. iMacattack

iMacattack busy, too busy

Cruising is a great idea, but avoid the "cheep" cruise lines. I would suggest a destination based cruise. Alaska, Tahiti, Med etc. Not the junk boat around the Carrib. Stay away from "family friendly cruises, it'll be you, your wife, and 1000 of someone else kids!

Our honeymoon we flew to London. Toured that, then flew to Ireland. Rented a car and drove around Ireland. Stayed at B&B's and had an incredible time.

Congrats! We wish you and your wife many years!

6. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

Congratulations. As far as not having to do anything, I used the Sandals resort for my honeymoon. We went to Sandals White House in Jamaica and is was far better than I ever expected. One fee and it covers everything from airfare to drinks by the pool to top notch dining. White House is a new resort and well designed. I would steer away from some of the other older resorts in Jamaica. I even got in good with some locals and went fishing anytime I wanted to for just $20. If not just bring a small rod with you and catch snook running the beach till your arms fall off. Good luck ;)

7. AfterHours2

Forgot to mention one thing.... Can you say free Red stripe on tap. Hooorahh Beer! ;D

8. luckovertme

She is open to a resort just has to be all inclusive like a cruise. She really just doesn't want any chores. We like the idea of the resort for better excursions or daily activities like kayaking. The budget is tight but if drinks and excursions are included then it would be worth while. Looking to spend as much as we would on cruise after drinks and excursions.

9. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

I hear there are some outrageous deals right now in Japan :(

Imac is right on. Discuss with your wife where each you have always dreamed of going and do some looking around.

Ireland is amazing, old world Germany you can stay in the castles from the 18th century. Maldives is the most amazing tropical getaway there is on plant earth!

Sandal's, Apple Vacations, etc all have many inclusive places to go. Just have to be careful of the country. Personally I would not opt to go to a resort in Haiti right now. Although the resorts are very nice, you will be confinded to the resort for it is not safe to leave the grounds and explore as that country is stin in flux from their recent perile. A visit to your local AAA office can give you so many choices that your head will spin.

Best wishes.

10. esteroali

esteroali I Love microskiff.com!

The question really is if you go to an all inclusive resort will you be tempted to do things( fish,dive,whatever) that she may not want to do. I am a female and the thought of being on a cruise chills my spine. I love being active but not with 100's of other people. On a cruise you would obviously be more "contained" but maybe that's what she wants.

11. jrod0785

jrod0785 Well-Known Member

Me and my wife went on a cruise for our honeymoon. Which to us, was the greatest thing ever and wouldnt have changed a thing. Cant go wrong with cruises. Ours left out of the Port of Tampa to Couzmel Mexico.

12. luckovertme

I have been on a cruise ship and she hasn't. I didn't like it one bit being herded everywhere like cattle. We are active ppl and she likes to fish also . I can't take the skiff out with her not coming along. I have an aunt who manages a resort on st. Johns going to give her a call and see what she can offer.

13. Baily

Baily I Love microskiff.com!

You are on the right track now, call your aunt, she maybe able to save ya some money. Cruise ships suck !!!!! nothing but a giant germ filled puke wagon.

Congratulations to you and your fishing buddy.

14. esteroali

esteroali I Love microskiff.com!

Dude you didn't say she FISHED!!!!! No brainer, St. John's would be awesome!

15. AfterHours2

As far as money goes I'm sure our sandals vacation was a little under 3k. Factor in a few things here and there and I would think you wouldnt go over that. One thing is for sure, use a travel agent. They not only saved me a ton of money but i felt more at ease knowing all the arrangements were taken care of. When it comes down to it, usually the man doesnt have much of a say so on the honeymoon. Atleast thats the way I dealt with the manner. Good luck! ;)

16. JRH

JRH Well-Known Member

I've never met her, but from what you typed above she is not going to enjoy being on a cruise boat.

17. firecat1981

firecat1981 BBA Counselor

I love desination type cruises, or basically cruises with a stop every day and not a ton of time at sea.
    However (sorry Jan), do not, I repeat, DO NOT go on an Alaskan cruise if you are under the age of 60! We went for our honeymoon 2 years ago, we were the only non blue hairs on the boat and all the activities and even the food (horrible) is geared towards the older population. It wasn't just our cruise line either, we were on princess but talked to people on the other ships from holland america and NCL and they all said the same thing. Off the ship it was nice, but on board we had nothing to do and spent most of our time in the cabin.

That being said, don't go anywhere locally for your honeymoon, it needs to be special and not something you can do on a weekend anytime. She may go along with it, but she will hold it over your head for the rest of your life! :eek:

18. luckovertme

she has been pretty cool about me planning the honeymoon. she is stressed enough with the wedding planning and looked into doing a cruise cus thats what her friends are doing this summer. I have been to damn near every single island in the carribean and central america but she has not. Going somewhere outside the carribean would be awesome but i think we couldnt afford it after the higher airfare costs.  still have not got a hold of my aunt. hopefully this weekend and will let you guys know what OUR decision is.

19. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

No pressure but whatever decision you make will be with follow you every time you screw up. :D. Good luck and enjoy being married it is the best :)

20. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Marriage been there done that !

Ask me why a bride is smiling ...LOL

any married man knows ....