Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2017 marquesa. While polishing I noticed a 1/4 perfect hole as pictured below. Before the purchase it was inspected with a fine comb and this was not present. Had some
Work done at a shop and noticed this while polishing her when I got her back to the house. I had a detailer as well wax the hull(prior to dropping it off at shop) and the hole was not noted or present either . Pop up cleat located on front deck and the hole is in the first bulkhead in the front, about six inches from nav lights?

Does HB still do the vent hole for pop cleat in newer hulls? (Please tell me so...) . Hopefully other HB Owner can chime in and this can prevent a future owner from potentially having a stroke.

Thank you in advance

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s a vent hole, I asked the same question on here a few weeks ago on a waterman.

Thank goodness. I was setting up to take a ride with the family for the first time on the new to us skiff and told my wife “ boat ride cancelled until further notice due to a hole !! ”

You can imagine that didn’t go to well. I am assuming water will get in and evaporate as well preventing mole etc... it hurts to see that hole in such a $$ skiff but I guess it has its purpose.

Thank you for your response. I guess we are headed out today! :)

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
If you have a pop up cleat on the bow, that’s the drain hole. You’re good to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts