Hobie power skiff

Discussion in 'Microskiffs For Sale' started by Fishingjordan, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Fishingjordan

Fishingjordan Well-Known Member

2. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

Original Power Skiff promo video from the 80's

Boneheaded likes this.

3. Boneheaded

Boneheaded Active Member

Awesome Seaworthy skiff designed to be beach launched!! Mine is an 84' and still jumping wakes. Jack of all trades master of none! it'll run across Biscayne bay any day, and i dont worry about big chop or rollers idling sloppy government cut for tarpon thanks to the 3" ball scuppers. lots of floor space for scuba gear, and poles straight, drags bottom realistically in about 8-9", it'll get you there dry in a head wind. With a little creativity this will make a fine flats boat as mine has.

Padre likes this.
  4. Fishingjordan

Fishingjordan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words. If love to see some pics of your hobie! I've measured my draft at 6" without my poling platform on but when I had it on it was around 8" with me poling. For those interested I do have a poling platform that came off of a pathfinder 17t I will throw in.

5. Cut Runner

Cut Runner Active Member

What bonehead said^^^^

6. vantagefish

vantagefish I Love microskiff.com!

I ran one for 6 years. I loved that skiff!!! I had a CC setup, poling platform, and a 90 on the business end. I ran it in some really nasty stuff and poled across skinny flats. I miss that boat.

Boneheaded likes this.
  7. fjmaverick

fjmaverick Well-Known Member

First Boat
    Im always looking for the right one

Boneheaded likes this.
  8. Boneheaded

Boneheaded Active Member

it probably moves pretty good with the 60, my 50 moves me 33 wo with a 4 blade.